To me pizza is an open sandwich, It’s fun to be creative with the combination of toppings. It’s almost like spreading your favorite dish over the pizza dough. Today and because I crave pizza and Indian food often, I bring you Chicken Tikka Pizza. Perfect topping on a perfect pizza dough!
Making Chicken Tikka Pizza.
Mostly, no one enjoy eating store bought pizza dough, it has no taste. In today’s recipe you’ll learn how to make a delicious pizza dough, it has a fluffy texture and is flavorful. You might decide to cut a bigger slice this time!
I’m sure you’ll love the combination of Indian and Italian flavors in this pizza. The chicken came out juicy and tender, the marinara sauce helped in retaining moisture in the dough and prevented the chicken from overcooking.
It’s a good idea to freeze the pizza dough, so you can make your favorite pizza whenever you crave for it or when you feel like giving my Chicken Tikka Pizza a try.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe for Chicken Tikka Pizza, here you go!
Chicken Tikka Pizza
- For Chicken Tikka:
- 1 cup skinless and cubed chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon yogurt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm water you may need less
- 2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup basic marinara sauce. I used store bought.
- Extra toppings:
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced.
- 1 medium tomato seeded and cut in cubes
- ½ green pepper cut in cubes
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Making Chicken Tikka:
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well, cover and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Heat a frying pan and add around two to three tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and shallow fry until the chicken is cooked, may take around 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken tikka from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Making the dough:
- Mix water with yeast and sugar, keep aside for 10 -15 minutes. Add olive oil.
- In a bowl, whisk or sift flour with salt. Gradually add the yeast mixture and knead. You should get a smooth elastic dough that does not stick to your hand.
- Cover and let it rise in warm place for an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Punch the dough and knead for 1 minute. Lightly grease the baking sheet/pan with olive oil. Place the dough in the baking pan and using your hands spread the dough to the shape and thickness you desire. In this recipe, I used a 12-inch pan.
- Cover and let the dough rise again for 30 minutes.
- Making the chicken tikka pizza:
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Spread the marinara sauce on the dough, avoiding the edges.
- Evenly spread the chicken and the extra toppings (except the cheese.) on the dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Bring the pizza out of the oven, add the mozzarella and cheddar cheese, place back in the oven and bake for another two to three minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.