Yes, I’m posting pizza recipe AGAIN! I’ve expressed many times before how much we love pizza and I didn’t lie, I asked hubby dearest what he wants for lunch and it took him a second to answer (Pizza). I’m not going to act as if I didn’t want pizza too, but this time, I thought of making Beef Burger Pizza.
Making Beef Burger Pizza
I have mentioned in my recent post Chicken Tikka Pizza, that to me pizza is like an open sandwich. This recipe is when you want your carbs and protein badly.
This beef burger pizza is a combination of juicy and properly seasoned beef burger and a tender, flavorful, chewy crust.
If you want to skip the pizza part and just make the burger, you are in for a pleasant surprise. You cannot go wrong when making these burger patties. Although I shallow fried them on the stovetop, you can grill the burgers for extra explosive flavor.
The pizza crust is the same one I used in Chicken Tikka Pizza, it is my favorite recipe and so far, I didn’t find any pizza dough that can beat its flavor or texture.
I hope you like my new craze!
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
FOR THE BURGER
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup packed breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup warm water you may need less
- 2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon sugar
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 cup basic marinara sauce. I used store bought.
- Extra toppings:
- ½ medium onion thinly sliced.
- ½ green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
MAKING THE DOUGH
- Mix water with yeast and sugar, keep aside for 10 -15 minutes. Add olive oil.
- In a bowl, whisk or sift flour with salt. Gradually add the yeast mixture and knead. You should get a smooth elastic dough that does not stick to your hand.
- Cover and let it rise in warm place for an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Punch the dough and knead for 1 minute. Lightly grease the baking sheet/pan with olive oil. Place the dough in the baking pan and using your hands spread the dough to the shape and thickness you desire. In this recipe, I used a 12-inch pan.
- Cover and let the dough rise again for 30 minutes.
MAKING THE BEEF BURGER
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Make five patties. Keep aside.
- In a frying pan, add a little oil, when hot fry the burgers. Each side might take 4 to five minutes to cook.
- When the burgers cool, cut into thick strips.
MAKING THE BEEF BURGER PIZZA
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Spread the marinara sauce on the dough, avoiding the edges.
- Evenly spread the beef burger strips and the extra toppings (except the cheese.) on the dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Bring the pizza out of the oven, add the mozzarella and cheddar cheese, place back in the oven and bake for another two to three minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.