Pepper steak. Tender and juicy slices of steak, mixed with pepper and lots of onion. We, more than often have pepper steak for dinner, and I’ll show you how to make it an unforgettable meal.
Pepper Steak Recipe
You have a favorite cut of steak, and you like it cooked either medium, medium rare, or well done, right? I enjoy steak too, and my favorite cut is chuck but I love my meat juicy and tender, so in this pepper steak recipe, we won’t cook the steak for 12 minutes because I want it to almost melt in my mouth.
Let’s not fight over how to cook steak, none of us will win, everyone like his steak prepared in a certain way. In this post, I will share how I made pepper steak, and you have the choice to follow your method of cooking steak, but I can promise you one thing, you’ll enjoy having it!
Pepper steak with white meat?!
Oh, and if you don’t like red meat you can use chicken or fish instead. The sauce used in this pepper steak recipe goes well with any meat. In case you went for white meat don’t overcook it.
When I share a recipe with you, I like for you to try it as is and then add your touch to it. Cooking the dish as per the recipe instruction, gives you an idea of how the combination of ingredients will taste, according to the outcome you can add or omit ingredients.
Pepper steak is a great dinner, it is quick to prepare, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money on an expensive cut of steak. The spices and the vegetables used to create a delicious flavor that will wrap each slice of steak.
Serve pepper steak with mashed potato or rice (brown or white) on the side. No matter what you do, do not use frozen pepper in making pepper steak. The frozen pepper will turn out soggy and will ruin the taste of the sauce. You need that crunch in your pepper, so please always use fresh peppers when making pepper steak.
The ingredients below most probably are in your kitchen, and I guess you know what I’ll say next!
Run to the kitchen and make this dish tonight!
In case you want more dinner ideas, check below:
Let’s make some Pepper Steak!
Pepper Steak with Onions
- 1 lbs chuck steak cut into medium slices
- 1 large onion cut into medium strips
- ½ green bell pepper cut into medium strips
- ½ red bell pepper cut into medium strips
- 1 leveled teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- 3 tablespoon oil
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce I used low sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder you can use fresh
- In a pan, add three tablespoon oil and fry the chuck in two batches until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry the onion until translucent. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, fry the bell peppers for few seconds and keep aside.
- Add the fried chuck back to the pan, Season the chuck with salt and black pepper. Add two cups water and let it cook on medium heat for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add water if the meat is still tough and continue cooking.
- When the meat is cooked add the onion and bell pepper.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the steak, stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com