Instant Pot Chili Recipe is what I’m sharing with you today; it’s everything you wanted a chili recipe to be. It’s flavorful because I used warm earthy spices, the meat is tender, I cooked it under pressure, and I’ve cooked the chili in an instant pot, so yes, you save time and have your dinner ready in a jiffy.
PIN TO MAKE LATER
In my house chili is not served in Winter only, it is made almost every other week. Serve your instant pot chili with rice, pasta, crackers, or cornbread. I have two mouth-watering recipes for sweet, moist cornbread and a southern style cornbread on munatycooking.
Chili con carne is another name for this dish which I’m more used to hearing. My sister is good at making chili, and she always changes the chili recipe a little by adding more peppers or adding more spices, but it’s delicious every time she makes it.
How to make instant pot chili?
I am busy almost the whole day, cleaning my house, looking after my blog, and spending time with my family. Instant pot became my friend since now I can cook whatever I want in almost half the time. This instant pot chili recipe is perfect because you get to cook everything in the instant pot and not use the stove at all.
Sauté the onion, brown the ground beef, add the spices, add the sauce and beans, cook the chili using pressure cooking option, and you are done in less than 30 minutes.
What beans to use in a chili recipe?
Instant pot chili recipe can be cooked using, red beans, pinto beans, or black beans. This recipe is so forgiving and tastes great with your favorite type of beans.
I have not used apple cider vinegar, nor cocoa powder, or coffee. I think this chili recipe tastes amazing as is. In case the tomato sauce tastes too sour, or a little bitter (depending on the brand you use) add a teaspoon or a teaspoon and half sugar to adjust the taste.
I used a traditional pasta sauce instead of tomato chunks and tomato paste. The chili came out thick but if you like your chili con carne a little soupy then add more liquid when cooking. Instant pot chili is best served piping hot!
More Recipes For You
Let’s make some chili for dinner.
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- 600 gm ground beef
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 ½ cup pasta sauce
- 2 green chilis chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 15 oz can of your favorite bean black, red, or pinto
- ½ cup water
- Rinse the beans twice to get rid of the salt and starch brine (preservative). Keep aside.
- Turn the instant pot to sauté. When the screen reads Hot, add the olive oil and the onions, sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and brown it. The ground beef will release a lot of juices and fat which you can scoop out of the pot to make the browning process faster.
- Add all the ingredients except the beans and the tomato sauce. Stir for two minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and the beans, stir gently.
- Press on cancel and then press on pressure cooking and turn the venting knob to sealing. Choose 13 minutes, then let it release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes while on keeping warm.
- Release the pressure completely by turning the venting knob to venting (use a wooden spoon or a silicone oven mitt to do so. Careful not to burn yourself). When the floating valve drops, it’s safe to open the instant pot.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar to the chili if the sauce was too bitter or too sour.
- Use canned beans or pre-cooked beans for this recipe.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com