Sharing a Chicken Alfredo recipe today; it takes less time to prepare and is ready in under 30 minutes! The alfredo sauce is creamy and full of flavor; it is to die for. The chicken is tender although I have used chicken breast but, in the recipe, I will show you how to keep the chicken breast juicy. (Watch the video below).
Alfredo sauce recipe
A good alfredo sauce should be creamy and flavorful. In this chicken alfredo recipe, I have used a combination of whole milk and heavy cream. I have also used unsalted butter and olive oil. Alfredo sauce is a rich sauce, and I have tried to make it a little lighter but maintain a great taste.
If you are looking for a much lighter version of chicken alfredo I have you covered, check out my low-calorie chicken alfredo recipe.
Making Chicken Alfredo
The first thing we will do is fry the onion, and the chicken, frying the chicken does two things, maintain a tender texture to the chicken breast and add flavor to the alfredo sauce.
We add the liquids when the chicken is almost done. After adding the cream and the milk let the sauce come to a boil and immediately add the parmesan cheese. After incorporating the cheese with the alfredo sauce, add the pasta and cook for a minute.
Preparing the chicken for the chicken alfredo recipe
I have used skinless and boneless chicken breast; you can use chicken thighs if you wish. Cut the chicken in long medium size slices. Pat dry the chicken breast after slicing it. Make sure not to overcook the chicken breast, but never undercook it either. After three to four minutes off cooking the chicken breast take out a slice and cut it in half if it’s all white from the inside, it is done, and it is time to add the sauce ingredients.
Which pasta to use in making the chicken alfredo recipe
I have used Penne, Fettuccine, even elbow. My family is happy as long as I make chicken alfredo; the type of pasta is not important. But if you want to feel full and enjoy the alfredo sauce better, then go for Penne and Fettuccine.
If you like dishes with a creamy sauce like this chicken alfredo recipe, please check these recipes too:
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 250 gm 8 oz skinless and boneless chicken breast cut in medium slices
- 2 cups dry penne pasta
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta as per the instruction on the box.
- In a deep pan, add the olive oil and butter, when the butter melts add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Do not fry the onion until brown the color of the sauce will change.
- Add the chicken and cook until white.
- Season the chicken with black pepper and salt. Go easy on the salt since Parmesan cheese has salt too.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for one minute on medium-high.
- Add the milk and the heavy cream. Stir for few seconds.
- When the sauce comes to a boil, add the parmesan cheese. Stir the sauce for few seconds and then add the pasta.
- Stir the mixture for one minute, turn off the heat and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com