Ooh la la, Carbs! (me overreacting). The other day I went searching for low carb pasta, I found few in the market and decided I’ll give two a try in making Chicken Alfredo.
I’m not going to mention the brand names but the taste was not to my liking (at all) and didn’t go well with my Chicken Alfredo. In fact, I don’t see myself buying low carb pasta again.
Regular Pasta and whole-wheat pasta are what I’m going to stick with for the time being, maybe forever!
I know that many avoid carbs coming from rice and pasta like a plague, but Scientists said we need carbs as a fuel. Carbs break down faster than protein and the body use it immediately to provide energy.
Now that I’ve said that, it doesn’t mean to feast on carbs (which I do sometimes :p ) . Be moderate and that’s the key.
My Chicken Alfredo (unlike restaurants) has no cream in it. I faked the cream part, meaning I used other ingredients to have the same taste and texture of cream, if you want to know more about the trick I used in making this Chicken Alfredo delicious and full of flavor without the added calories, please read the recipe box below.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
Chicken AlfredoPrint Rate
- 3 oz. or 100gm dry spaghetti
- 1 1/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 100 gm skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup packed Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- ***Making the pasta:
- Cook the spaghetti as per instruction written on the box, or boil for nine minutes. Drain and then rinse with cold water.
- ***Grilling the Chicken:
- Season chicken breast with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder from both sides.
- Add the chicken to a hot grill. If your grill is too hot, you will not need oil and the chicken will not stick to it.
- Cook the chicken breast for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and cover immediately with another plate or aluminum foil for 3 minutes, this will allow the chicken to cook further from the inside and stay tender.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size, and keep aside.
- ***Making Chicken Alfredo:
- In a hot pan, add the butter and the chicken, cook for one minute.
- Mix the milk with cornstarch (This is called faking heavy cream) and pour on top of the chicken. When it comes to a boil add the Parmesan cheese. Stir for one minute then add the spaghetti. Mix well. If you wish you can season with black pepper.
- Cook for one minute and then serve immediately.