Pasta Salad Recipe is not only a wonderful salad to try, but it plays a great role in encouraging my family into eating healthy. This best served cold and delicious macaroni salad is a crowd pleaser, and please never skip the dressing!
Make a big bowl of this pasta salad recipe and share it with your co-workers, don’t worry it has no onions. Hence it won’t be loud.
This macaroni salad has different vegetables with different textures for a very good reason. Having a variety of textures in your salad, a crunchy cucumber, a chewy pasta, and juicy tomatoes, helps your brain to register that you are having a meal, which will lead to you feeling full.
How to Make Pasta Salad.
You don’t have to stick to the vegetables mentioned in this pasta salad recipe, in fact, you can choose the vegetables you like but make sure not to play much with the dressing’s ingredients.
The dressing is what makes this pasta salad recipe a win and a great side dish. Don’t go crazy with the mayo! I know that more mayo to some means a creamier salad, but not in this case. Like always I would like you to follow this recipe as is and then change it to your liking.
This macaroni salad recipe goes well with grilled meat, be it fish, chicken, or a thick juicy steak. This side dish can replace a meal too, it’s healthy, delicious, and can keep you full and satisfied for a long time.
Keep the Pasta Salad Tasting Good Longer.
To prevent the pasta salad from getting soggy, I have removed the seeds from the cucumber and tomatoes. I found that no matter what salad you make when you deseed the vegetables the dressing keeps its flavor for a longer time.
I like to serve my pasta salad cold, how do you like to serve yours?
Pasta Salad Recipe with Creamy Dressing
- ½ cup raw Rotini pasta
- ½ cup black olives cut in half seeds removed
- 2 regular size cucumbers peeled and chopped seeds removed
- 1 large tomato chopped seeds removed
- 1 regular size carrot shredded
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 12 minutes. Drain and keep aside to cool. Do not rinse the pasta with cold water; we need the starch to stay on the pasta to hold on to our dressing later.
- In a bowl add the pasta and the vegetables.
- In a different bowl add the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dressing to the pasta and vegetable and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com