In my effort to add Mexican dishes to my blog, I am presenting my take on Ground Beef Quesadilla with Cheese. I have to say that Mexican cuisine is now taking the third place on my favorite food list, after Indian and Chinese cuisine.
I like dishes that are spicy and have a great blend of spices and that’s why Indian cuisine rank the top on my list.
Ground Beef Quesadilla with Cheese is a dish everyone should try, yes, it tastes good, but it tastes even better with salad, so in my head I want to think that eating more Ground Beef Quesadilla is a reason for having more salad 🙂
Ground Beef Quesadilla
Another reason why Ground Beef Quesadilla is a convenient dish is because, you can have it the next day and it will taste the same after warming it up, not only that, but it will not make a mess if you pack it in your lunchbox.
To make this delicious Ground Beef Quesadilla, you first need to make few Homemade Tortillas, and I can’t stress more on the fact that homemade tortillas are far much better than store bought. My recipe for Homemade Tortilla.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 onion cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 4 to rtillas
- In a hot pan, add the beef and cook until it releases all the water. Add the onion and keep stirring until the onion is translucent.
- Add olive oil and rest of ingredients (except both cheeses and olives) and mix well. Cover and let it cook on medium low heat until the beef is cooked.
- Stir every few minutes to avoid burning the beef. If you find the mixture too dry, add around half cup boiling water and let it cook until the water evaporates.
- Place few spoons from the cheddar cheese and mozzarella on the tortilla add the beef on top, and then add few olives. Add more cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top, and then add the second tortilla.
- Place on hot griddle or pan. Cook until the cheese melts and the bottom tortilla is lightly crisp. Flip and cook for almost two minutes.
- Serve hot with salad.