Homemade Flour Tortillas, should have shared this recipe long ago! One day I went through the recipes on my blog, I do this often so not to post a recipe I’ve already posted (it is possible if you were me), I was amazed that there are no Mexican dishes on my blog, hence today I’m sharing Homemade Flour Tortillas.
Homemade Flour Tortillas
Tortillas made with flour or corn, and in this recipe, I am using flour only. In my recipe, there is no lard, and no baking powder.
These tortillas are delicious and are far much better than store bought, since it has no preservatives, nor that acidic smell and taste you sometimes find in store bough tortillas.
You can freeze these flour tortillas for 6 months, just place a parchment paper between each flour tortilla, to prevent it from sticking together.
If you made your own flour tortillas, you’ll never buy them again, I promise! The recipe here will make 8 flour tortillas, feel free to double the recipe.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hash tag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + two tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix all dry ingredients and olive oil well.
- Gradually add the water and knead for 5 -7 minutes. The dough should not be stick but smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough to eight equal parts and form eight balls.
- Dip the ball in flour and then roll to almost 7 inch.
- Place flat pan on stove, on medium heat. Place the rolled dough on the pan. When light brown patches appear at the bottom, flip the tortilla and cook on the other side until light brown patches appear.
- Remove from heat and cover with cloth to keep it soft.