I was holding back this Blueberry Muffins recipe for a while. I have been enjoying these moist and dangerously delicious muffins secretly with my family, and have to admit that these muffins are filled with awesomeness!
I personally have these muffins with a big glass of cold milk. Hubby likes it with coffee, but either way, you just don’t want to stop having one after the other.
Making Heavenly Blueberry Muffins.
When you bake something as good as these divine Blueberry Muffins, your house will smell heavenly, but what about the texture?? In one of the steps I mix blueberries with cornstarch, this step does crazy magic. It makes the parts with blueberries tastes like blueberry pudding. I’m not kidding!
So imagine this, you bite into a muffin, go through a moist and delicious cake, and then get hit by blueberry pudding like texture. You have no idea what this flavor party is like until you try it.
Although this is a muffin recipe and usually muffins go dry the next day. This recipe is for muffins that stay moist up to three days if stored in airtight container.
Blueberry muffins recipe.
Don’t just go by what I’m saying here, go to the kitchen make some blueberry muffins!
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup blueberries I used frozen
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C. Place muffin liners in muffin tin. Keep aside.
- Sift or whisk, flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Keep aside.
- Gently mix the blueberries with cornstarch until the blueberries are coated well. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, oil, vanilla, egg, and beat until sugar dissolves.
- Add the buttermilk to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Add the flour and mix gently, then add the blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
- Scoop the batter in muffin liners. This batter will make 8 to 9 medium size muffins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
A confession: These muffins need no glaze. The glaze was for picture taking purpose only!