It’s been a while since I posted an egg free dessert (My Bad!). Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins have everything that will make you want to have it for breakfast or even to munch on when hungry. These banana muffins are crazy moist!
Some of my readers are allergic to eggs and it’s always a pleasure to bake eggless desserts for them. I enjoy doing so because as a foodie this is a challenge and when I succeed and get to share it with all of you, it brings joy to my heart.
There is another version of eggless banana chocolate chip muffins out there but my version requires ingredients available in your kitchen and you use often. Now let me talk about these banana muffins.
Making Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
To make these banana chocolate chip muffins healthy, I used rolled oats, yogurt, banana, and instead of making it only butter based I used half butter and half oil, this resulted in moist and light banana muffins.
Mixing the batter hardly took time, in fact, you can make these banana muffins batter in one bowl. The only thing that would take time is baking, which is hardly 20 minutes. If you appreciate a warm muffin with melted chocolate, then go ahead and have one after it comes out of the oven but be careful it will be really hot! Otherwise, you have to wait until the muffins are cooled completely.
Although these banana chocolate chip muffins are eggless but will stay moist until the next day. Keep in an airtight container and leave at room temperature (unless where you live is hot.). These muffins are freezer friendly.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 7 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line muffin tin with muffin liners and keep aside.
- In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients except sugar and keep aside.
- Take a teaspoon from the flour mix and mix it with the chocolate chips, keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat the wet ingredients with sugar until combined.
- Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients and stir gently, do not over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold gently.
- Take around 1/3 cup from batter and scoop in the muffin liners. Should make 6 decent size muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack.