If you're looking for a flavorful and satisfying dinner recipe, you have got to try this Lemon Chicken recipe! It's juicy and seasoned chicken breasts and rich and tangy sauce will impress your taste buds and satisfy your hunger.
This recipe is especially great for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion since it's easy to make and requires only a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Whether you're a fan of lemon chicken or looking for a new and delicious recipe to try, this lemon chicken is worth making.
I highly recommend making this comforting dish tonight, but before doing so, watch the video tutorial in this post to see just how easy and simple it is!
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It is a delicious dinner with a sauce that goes well with pasta or homemade breadstick.
- A quick dinner you can prepare within 30 minutes.
- You can use any part of the chicken in this recipe.
- This dish stores well.
All you need are the most basic pantry-staple ingredients to make the best lemon chicken you've ever had. Let's look at each of these in more detail:
Chicken breast: Remove the fat around the chicken breast and cut it in half horizontally to help it cook faster.
Flour: I have used all-purpose flour. This will give the chicken a nice crispy skin when you fry it.
Seasonings: These include Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and paprika.
Lemon juice: Lemon adds a bright and tangy flavor to the chicken. It's also a natural tenderizer, making our chicken soft and moist.
Butter and cream: Butter and heavy whipping cream add a luxurious richness to the sauce.
Chicken stock: The chicken stock is full of flavor and helps keep the chicken moist throughout the cooking process.
🔪 HOW TO MAKE LEMON CHICKEN
Making lemon chicken is easier than you think, and will give you the tastiest results every single time.
The full instructions are in the recipe card below, but let's look at the main steps to making this delicious chicken dinner.
First, pat the chicken breast dry and cut it horizontally. Season both sides of the chicken breast and then dust it with flour.
In a frying pan, add the olive oil and butter. Sear the chicken breast until golden on both sides.
Add more butter, minced garlic, and flour in the same pan, then cook for a few seconds without browning the garlic. Add the chicken stock while whisking to avoid lumps forming.
Add the cream and stir to combine, then add the lemon juice and stir for 1 minute. Add the parmesan cheese and stir for 1 more minute on medium heat.
Add the previously cooked chicken to the sauce and let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat. Your delicious Lemon Chicken is ready to be served. Serve it over pasta or with mashed potatoes.
👩🏽🍳 PRO TIPS
Pound the chicken: It is a good idea to pound the breasts to an even thickness before seasoning them. This helps them cook evenly without some parts drying out.
Don't crowd the pan: It's important to leave enough space between chicken breasts in the pan when frying. If you don't, it can cause them to steam instead of searing.
Whisk the sauce: Be sure to whisk the sauce continuously to prevent lumps from forming. This will make a smooth and creamy texture.
Lemon chicken is a classic dish that can be made in many delicious variations. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Add capers: Add extra briny flavor and sprinkle your lemon chicken with some fresh parsley for garnish.
- Spicier version: Add some chili flakes into the seasoning mix to give it a spicy kick.
- Cheesier: You can also make a cheesier version by adding some shredded cheese before serving your delicious dinner meal.
👪 SERVING SIZE
This recipe serves four people.
Lemon chicken is a popular dish typically made with boneless chicken breasts seasoned, pan-fried, and then served with a tangy lemon-based sauce.
The sauce in this recipe is generous, and you can enjoy it with pasta or even rice. The sauce stays creamy even after refrigerating it.
Yes! You can use chicken thighs, but remove the extra fat and the bones first. The cooking time will increase to 4 to 5 minutes per side.
🍽️ HOW TO SERVE IT
You can serve lemon chicken with pasta, rice, or freshly prepared breadsticks.
🌡️ STORING AND REHEATING
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Place some paper towels on top of the dish to absorb moisture and keep it fresh. Reheat it using a microwave or stovetop until it's warm all the way through.
I don't recommend freezing lemon chicken since it can really change the texture and consistency of the chicken and sauce.
🍲 MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
TO SEASON THE CHICKEN BREAST
- Flour to dust the chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
TO FRY THE CHICKEN BREAST
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock use low sodium if possible
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice use 2 tablespoons if you don’t want it too tangy
- 7 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Pat the chicken breast with a kitchen towel. Cut the chicken breast horizontally to get 4 steaks of chicken breast.
- Mix the chicken seasoning, salt, black pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning—season both sides of the chicken breast.
- Either dredge the chicken breast in flour or cover it with flour, then shake it to remove the excess flour.
- In a pan, add olive oil and butter. When the butter melts, add the chicken breast and fry until golden from both sides. Each side will take three minutes to cook on medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pan and cover it.
- In the same pan, add two tablespoon butter, when the butter melts, add the garlic, and one tablespoon flour—Cook for a minute on medium heat. Do not brown the garlic.
- Pour the chicken stock and keep on whisking to prevent the creation of lumps.
- Add the cream and keep on stirring. Add the lemon juice and stir for a minute.
- Now add the parmesan cheese and keep stirring until the parmesan cheese melts. When the sauce comes to a simmer, add the previously cooked chicken.
- Let the sauce along with the chicken simmer for 5 minutes.
- You can serve the creamy lemon chicken over mashed potato or pasta.
- If you don’t want to cut the chicken breast in half, then pound the chicken breast to flatten it, this will keep the chicken breast tender, and the chicken breast will absorb the flavor in the sauce.
- If the chicken stock you have is high in sodium, then dilute it with water.
- Use heavy cream, low-fat cream, or light cream will change the texture of the sauce. It won’t be as creamy.
- Taste the sauce before adding the parmesan cheese, if it seasoned enough for your taste, then reduce the amount of parmesan cheese, or use half the amount of parmesan cheese, taste the sauce and then decide on adding more or not.
- You can store the leftover in an airtight container and refrigerate for two days.