Creamy Lemon Chicken is an excellent choice for quick yet flavorful dinner. Serve this dinner within 30 minutes, and enjoy tender chicken breast, smothered in a creamy and tangy sauce with a hint of garlic. Such a yummy and amazing dinner! Make this comforting dish tonight, but before doing so, watch the video tutorial in this post to see how easy it is to make it.
Most people are not fond of chicken breast, and that includes my sister, but although this creamy lemon chicken dish has chicken breast, my sister will ask for it. Chicken breast is a beautiful cut, and you can enjoy it when it is cooked right. Overcooking chicken breast makes it dry and tasteless.
The best way to cook chicken breast is by either cutting it in half horizontally or pound it until almost flat; doing this allows the chicken breast to cook quickly and absorb more flavors!
Ingredients in Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe
Chicken Breast: Remove the fat and cut it in half horizontally; this will help it cook fast.
All-purpose flour: We will use it to dust the chicken and to thicken the sauce.
Italian seasoning or oregano, salt, paprika, black pepper: More flavor added to chicken breast.
Garlic: Great taste when combined with butter and lemon.
Lemon juice: Without it, this can’t be a lemon chicken dish, right?!
Parmesan cheese: Enhances the flavor of the sauce and helps thicken it.
Butter: You know that I must use it for a creamy sauce!
Cream: Extra richness.
Chicken stock: It is full of flavor, and we need that to make the chicken breast supper yummy.
How to Make Creamy Lemon Chicken
You know that we are not using complicated or difficult to find ingredients, now see how simple it is to make it.
First, pat the chicken breast dry and cut it horizontally. Season both sides of the chicken breast and then dust it with flour.
In a frying pan, add the olive oil and butter. Sear the chicken breast until golden from both sides; this step will take around three minutes for each side. That’s a total of six minutes.
Remove the chicken breast, cover, and keep aside.
In the same pan, add more butter (I love this part!) and add to it the minced garlic and flour, cook for a few seconds, and without browning the garlic.
Add the chicken stock while whisking to avoid the formation of lumps.
Add the cream and stir to combine, then add the lemon juice and stir for a minute.
Add the parmesan cheese and stir for a minute on medium heat.
Add the previously cooked chicken to the sauce and let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Serve the creamy lemon chicken over pasta or mashed potato.
Is the sauce enough to serve with Pasta?
The amount of sauce in this recipe is generous, and you can enjoy it with pasta or even rice. The sauce stays creamy even after refrigerating it. To heat creamy lemon chicken, microwave, or heat on the stovetop.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes! You can use chicken thighs, but make sure to remove the extra fat and the bones first. The cooking time will increase to 4 to 5 minutes per side. If the chicken thigh is thick and big, then it will take even longer to cook.
More chicken recipes you will enjoy
Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
TO SEASON THE CHICKEN BREAST
- Flour to dust the chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
TO FRY THE CHICKEN BREAST
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock use low sodium if possible
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice use 2 tablespoons if you don’t want it too tangy
- 7 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Pat the chicken breast with a kitchen towel. Cut the chicken breast horizontally to get 4 steaks of chicken breast.
- Mix the chicken seasoning, salt, black pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning—season both sides of the chicken breast.
- Either dredge the chicken breast in flour or cover it with flour, then shake it to remove the excess flour.
- In a pan, add olive oil and butter. When the butter melts, add the chicken breast and fry until golden from both sides. Each side will take three minutes to cook on medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pan and cover it.
- In the same pan, add two tablespoon butter, when the butter melts, add the garlic, and one tablespoon flour—Cook for a minute on medium heat. Do not brown the garlic.
- Pour the chicken stock and keep on whisking to prevent the creation of lumps.
- Add the cream and keep on stirring. Add the lemon juice and stir for a minute.
- Now add the parmesan cheese and keep stirring until the parmesan cheese melts. When the sauce comes to a simmer, add the previously cooked chicken.
- Let the sauce along with the chicken simmer for 5 minutes.
- You can serve the creamy lemon chicken over mashed potato or pasta.
- If you don’t want to cut the chicken breast in half, then pound the chicken breast to flatten it, this will keep the chicken breast tender, and the chicken breast will absorb the flavor in the sauce.
- If the chicken stock you have is high in sodium, then dilute it with water.
- Use heavy cream, low-fat cream, or light cream will change the texture of the sauce. It won’t be as creamy.
- Taste the sauce before adding the parmesan cheese, if it seasoned enough for your taste, then reduce the amount of parmesan cheese, or use half the amount of parmesan cheese, taste the sauce and then decide on adding more or not.
- You can store the leftover in an airtight container and refrigerate for two days.
This page may contain affiliate links.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com