Peach cobbler is a southern dessert, to prepare it you will need fresh and juicy peaches, but in case you have the canned ones I will show you how to use them in this recipe too. Making this easy peach cobbler recipe will give you tender peaches in a sweet sauce under a fluffy and light sponge.
Peach Cobbler Ingredients
Before we go further with the recipe, I would like for you to try my Apple Cobbler Recipe too!
Now to make an amazing peach cobbler you need simple ingredients and here is the list:
Flour: No whole wheat flour here, you want to create a fluffy sponge, and all-purpose flour is the best to use here.
Peaches: I am using canned peaches in this recipe, but fresh peach is the best, I will tell you how to prepare fresh peaches for the cobbler recipe.
Milk: you can use buttermilk or low-fat milk instead of whole milk.
How to prepare fresh peaches for peach cobbler
When we bake the peaches, the skin turns tough so, although you can go ahead and bake the peaches with the skin on, to enjoy the peach cobbler, you have to peel the skin.
To peel the skin of a peach, use a sharp knife and be patient while peeling to avoid hurting yourself and avoid cutting more from the peach.
Another easier way is to make one light cut on the peach skin. Place the peach in boiling water for 40 to 50 seconds. Remove the peach from the boiling water and place in chilled water for one minute. Peel the peach starting from the cut you have previously made on the peaches’ skin.
How to prepare canned peaches for the cobbler
Canned peaches are preserved in sweet syrup and other preservatives. I’m not sure how the preservatives react when baked for a long time, so it is best to drain the canned peach from the syrup and then rinse the canned peaches with cold water, twice.
How to make peach cobbler
Melt the butter in the oven, prepare the batter and pour it over the butter without mixing both. Mix the peaches with sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, then scoop it with the juices over the batter.
Bake the peach cobbler in a preheated oven of 350F/180C for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cobbler comes out clean.
My mom loved peaches and desserts, I never made peach cobbler for her, but I’m sure she would have enjoyed a lot! I am dedicating this post to her.
Peach Cobbler Easy Recipe
- 3 cup canned peaches
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Add the melted butter to a 12” or 10” round baking pan.
- Drain and then rinse the canned peaches using cold water, twice.
- In a bowl, add all the peach mixture and keep aside.
- In a different bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and whisk well. Make a well in the middle and add the milk and the egg, mix with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter (do not mix the two together.)
- Scoop the peach mixture over the batter, do not mix.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. The batter will rise and cover the peaches.
- You can have this dessert when it comes to room temperature or when cold.
This page may contain affiliate
links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com