I have the right treat to beat the heat; my Caramel Ice Cream is an incredible dessert; it is silky smooth, egg-free, and does not require an ice cream maker. Simple ingredients will give you a flavorful ice cream you can prepare within minutes.
Easily impress your guest and family with this elegant and delicious ice cream. Although the step to making this delight is easy to follow, I have included step-by-step images and a video tutorial to guide you. Never hesitate to make homemade ice cream.
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Simple and budget-friendly ingredients.
- No churning is required.
- There are no eggs in this recipe, nor the use of a thermometer.
- No cooking is required.
- Takes 7 to 10 minutes to prepare.
- Comes out smooth and silky.
- Tastes better than most store-bought ice cream.
whipping cream – Do not use powder form whipping cream, it has preservatives, and most brands add sugar. Use regular whipping cream.
Condensed milk – We use condensed milk to avoid using sugar, giving us a smooth texture and preventing the ice cream from hardening in the freezer.
Milk – I have used whole milk. Please do not skip it; milk gives a body to the ice cream and makes it light.
Caramel sauce – I prefer homemade caramel sauce, but you can use store-bought. They both will work.
Vanilla extract – Vanilla flavor goes so well with caramel ice cream.
Salt – We will use a small amount of salt to enhance all the flavors.
🥄 HOW TO MAKE IT
Before following this easy caramel ice cream recipe, the most important thing to do is to ensure all the ingredients and utensils are chilled. It will help the whipping cream to reach the stiff peak faster. The cream won't whip if it's at room temperature.
In a chilled mixing bowl, add the whipping cream. Whip the cream using a whisk attachment until it reaches a stiff peak.
Add salt, vanilla, condensed milk, milk, and caramel sauce. Mix until combined. Do not mix for more than 20 seconds.
Pour the ice cream mixture into a chilled 9.5x5x2.5 loaf tin.
Drizzle caramel sauce over the ice cream and swirl. Drizzle again and swirl the caramel gently, do not allow the knife to go deep into the ice cream.
Cover with plastic wrap, and let the plastic touch the surface of the ice cream to prevent the formation of crystals.
After 12 to 24 hours, scoop the ice cream and serve with more caramel sauce or nuts.
👩🏽🍳 PRO TIPS
- If possible, chill all the ingredients in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, including the mixing bowl. It will help the cream to whip faster.
- Do not over-whip the cream, stop when it reaches a stiff peak, or it will turn into butter.
- Using a loaf pan instead of an ice cream tub to store the ice cream is better. The ice cream will take longer to freeze if in an ice cream tub unless you are using small tubs.
- Cover the ice cream tightly with plastic wrap to prevent other odors in the freezer from sneaking into the ice cream.
- Do not allow the ice cream to soften and refreeze; it will create crystals, and the texture will change.
Add nuts – Add your favorite toasted nuts, like walnuts and pecans.
Caramel chips – if your kids love it, add caramel chips to the ice cream for some crunch.
Chocolate chips – Milk chocolate chips taste better in caramel ice cream.
Salted caramel ice cream – If you want a salted caramel flavor, add a teaspoon of sea salt to the ice cream while mixing.
Keep it vanilla - You can make vanilla ice cream by omitting the caramel sauce and using two tablespoons of honey or confectioners sugar instead. Add pure vanilla extract or paste to enhance the flavor.
👪 SERVING SIZE
This ice cream makes 10 to 11 medium scoops and 19 small scoops.
The whipping cream and the mixing bowl should be chilled. If not, the cream will not form soft or stiff peaks. The other reason might be that you are using a cooking cream.
Yes. If you have an ice cream maker, this recipe will work with it. Just follow the manufacturer's instructions.
🍽️ HOW TO SERVE IT
You can serve this ice cream with many desserts like apple pie, berry galette, Brownies, or self-saucing chocolate pudding.
Cover the ice cream properly and store it away from food with odors. Take the ice cream out after placing the scooper and the plates on the kitchen counter; try not to leave the ice cream out of the fridge for a long time.
Do not store the ice cream in the freezer door to prevent it from softening.
📣 MORE RECIPES FOR THE SUMMER
Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup chilled milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup caramel sauce read notes
- Add the whipping cream to a chilled large bowl and whip using a whisk attachment until it forms a stiff peak.
- Add salt, vanilla extract, condensed milk, and 1 and a half tablespoon of caramel sauce to the whipped cream. Mix well for 20 seconds at a medium speed.
- Pour the ice cream into a chilled 9.5x5x2.5 loaf pan.
- Drizzle half the remaining caramel sauce over the ice cream, swirl the caramel with the ice cream using a fork, do not overdo it.
- Again, drizzle two tablespoons of caramel sauce over the ice cream, but this time lightly swirl the caramel with a butter knife, do not go deep in the ice cream mixture; the goal here is to give the ice cream a nice swirl on top only.
- If you don’t want to swirl and want the ice cream to have only caramel flavor, then add a quarter cup of caramel sauce on the whipped cream along with the other ingredients.
- Cover the ice cream with plastic wrap, and let the plastic touch the ice cream surface to prevent forming crystals. Freeze for 12 hours to 24 hours before serving.
- Use whipping cream, and not cooking heavy cream. Cooking cream will not whip.
- Ensure all your ingredients and utensils are chilled before making the ice cream.
- It is best to pour the ice cream in a loaf pan than in a tub unless you use small tubs. The freezing time increases when the ice cream is in a large tub.
- Depending on your freezer, keeping the ice cream in it for at least 12 hours before serving is best.