If you love chocolate and coffee, especially cold coffee, you are in for a treat; an Iced Mocha is a cold beverage with coffee, chocolate, and milk. Topped with frothed milk and sprinkles of cocoa powder. Make this creamy, refreshing drink within 5 minutes. There are step-by-step images and a video to guide you.
Iced Mocha or Caffe Mocha is one of my favorite coffee recipes, and it can be served hot or cold. In this post, we will prepare the chilled version of the mocha recipe since it is Summer and we need to feel great and hydrated. I usually top mine with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, but I thought I better keep it light and still have a delectable beverage.
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s a mixture of two favorite drinks, iced coffee, and chocolate.
- All you need are 6 simple and budget-friendly ingredients, including the ice cubes for a great taste.
- You can make this Iced mocha recipe for your kids; they will enjoy it.
- Five minutes are all you need to prepare it.
- It perfect Summer drink, actually it’s for every season.
- It’s Full bodied and has a smooth texture.
Instant coffee granules – When making iced drinks with coffee, I prefer using instant coffee granules over brewed coffee to control the strength.
Unsweetened cocoa powder – Use good quality cocoa powder; if you are a chocoholic, go for darker cocoa powder.
Milk – In this recipe, whole regular milk or almond milk will work. In case you want it richer, go for half and half.
Sugar – I’m using fine white sugar, but it’s alright if you want to use other sweeteners.
Hot water – It is important to use hot water because it will help the coffee dissolve and will bloom the cocoa powder.
Ice cubes – Fill your glass with ice, and I suggested large cubes to keep your beverage chilled for longer.
🥄 HOW TO MAKE IT
In a 12 oz glass or mason jar, or mug, add the coffee granules, cocoa powder, sugar, and hot water. Mix well.
Add the ice cubes and then pour 1 cup of chilled milk.
Spoon on top some frothed milk or whipped cream. Mix before drinking.
👩🏽🍳 PRO TIPS
- Use good quality cocoa powder and coffee.
- Chill the milk before adding it to the cocoa-coffee mixture.
- Use large ice cubes or coffee ice cubes for a stronger flavor.
- Place the glass in the fridge for a few minutes before using it.
- To make a Frappe version, blend all the ingredients, including the ice cubes, in a blender.
Almond, soy, or oat milk works well in this recipe, but you can also use half and half for a richer flavor.
Add whipped heavy cream to the iced mocha and pour a chocolate drizzle or caramel syrup.
👪 SERVING SIZE
As per Starbucks cup size, this recipe makes 1 short, which means 1 ½ regular cups.
Yes. Mix all the ingredients except ice and frothed milk or whipping cream. Keep it in the fridge for three hours, and then add the ice and milk froth or whipped cream before serving. To store for a longer time, please read below.
Mix all ingredients except whipped cream, frothed milk, and ice cubes. Pour the drink into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two days.
🥤 MORE COFFEE DRINKS
Iced Moha Recipe
- ½ tablespoon coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 cup chilled milk
- Ice cubes
- In a 12 oz glass, add the coffee granules, cocoa powder, sugar, and hot water. blend well.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes, then pour the milk on top.
- Spoon frothy milk or whipping cream on top of the Iced Mocha, sprinkle with cocoa powder, stir before drinking.
- Make it vegan and use non-dairy milk like coconut milk, almond, or soy milk.
- You can add caramel or chocolate syrup to the whipped cream.