Let me show you a recipe for a delicious Creamy Iced Coffee that will take 5 minutes to prepare with 5 simple ingredients. It is as good as the ones served in popular Coffee Shops, if not better. I have included images and a video tutorial to help you make it perfect from the first time.
Most of us love coffee, and on hot Summer days, Iced coffee is king (to me, at least). If you like creamy chilled coffee, try my Perfect Dalgona Coffee. If you want to go more International, try Vietnamese Cold Brewed Iced Coffee; it has a less acidic taste than other coffees since it’s a cold brew coffee.
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It has a creamy texture.
- This an easy iced coffee recipe. You can prepare it in 5 minutes.
- All the ingredients are budget-friendly and available.
- It is flavorful.
- You can change the quantity of the ingredients to make it your own.
- Nothing beats a well-prepared homemade Iced Coffee.
Instant coffee granules – I have used decaf to reduce my caffeine intake. From my experience, coffee granules are better than brewed coffee since you can control how strong you want it to be.
Sugar – Although I have used fine sugar, you can choose brown sugar or a preferred sweetener.
Hot water – We need it to dissolve the coffee granules and boost their flavor.
Milk – I prefer regular full-fat milk, but with this recipe, you can choose the type of milk you wish, and you’ll still get a great beverage.
Ice cubes – Here, you have two options: regular or coffee ice cubes.
🥄 HOW TO MAKE IT
Add three tablespoons of milk to a glass and froth it using a milk frother. Keep aside.
In a 16 oz glass jar or mug, add the coffee, sugar, and hot water. Mix well. I have used milk frother for more body, but you can mix it with a spoon.
Add the ice cubes, then pour one cup of chilled milk.
Spoon the frothed milk on top of the iced coffee. Mix before drinking it.
👩🏽🍳 PRO TIPS
- Use good quality coffee; you can also use decaf.
- Use chilled milk; the ice won’t melt as fast and dilute your drink.
- Place the glass jar in the fridge for a few minutes before using it.
- Always give your iced coffee a good stir before drinking.
- Do not use espresso powder.
- Add two espresso shots if you don't want to use coffee granules.
- Use almond, oat milk, or soy milk; they go well with this recipe.
- Add whipped heavy cream on top of the iced coffee.
- Instead of milk, use half and half.
- You can add your preferred sweetener, like hazelnuts or caramel syrups.
- For a more fun way, add a scoop of coffee ice cream.
🍽️ SERVING SIZE
As per Starbucks cup size, this recipe makes 1 Grande or 2 Shorts, two regular cups.
Add a pin of salt.
You can. Mix all the ingredients except the froth milk and ice. Keep it in the fridge for two hours, and then add the ice and milk froth when serving. To store it longer, please read (Storing).
Warm the milk to a temperature you can tolerate. Pour the milk into a container with a lid. Make sure it is closed tightly. Shake the container for a minute. The froth won’t be as fine as when using a frother. You can also use a blender to froth the milk.
Mix all the ingredients except the milk froth and ice. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and place it in the fridge for two days.
When serving, add ice to a tall glass and pour the cold coffee, then spoon whipped cream or milk froth on top.
🍲 MORE BEVERAGES YOU'LL LIKE
Creamy Iced Coffee
- 1 ½ tablespoon coffee granules
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 cup chilled milk
- Ice cubes
TO FROTH THE MILK
- 3 tablespoon whole milk
FROTHING THE MILK
- In a glass, add three tablespoons of milk and froth using a frother. Froth until the milk looks like lightly whipped cream. Keep it aside.
TO MAKE THE ICED COFFEE
- In a 16 oz glass jar, add the coffee granules, sugar, and hot water. blend using a milk frother until the mixture is lighter in color and slightly thick.
- Add the ice cubes, and then pour the chilled milk.
- Spoon the frothed milk over the iced coffee and stir before drinking.
- You can use soy or almond milk instead of regular whole milk to make it vegan.
- Use your preferred sweetener if you wish.
- Do not use coffee creamer for this recipe.
- As a sweetener, you can use caramel syrup if you prefer.