A refreshing glass of Strawberry Lemonade will sure fight the heat we are facing these days. Keep a pitcher in your fridge and enjoy this drink with your family. The mint infuses the flavor of fresh strawberries mixed with the mild flavor of lemon. Strawberry Lemonade recipe is easy to follow, and I have created a video tutorial to take you through those steps!
Ingredients in Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Strawberries, (please read the note in the recipe card below).
How to make a refreshing glass of Strawberry Lemonade?
Mix the sugar with the strawberries and mash them using a masher, or you can blend this mixture using a food processor.
Run the mixture through a strainer to get a smooth strawberry puree.
In a pitcher, add the ice cubes, mint leaves, lemon slices, strawberry puree, sugar, and water.
Mix the mixture using a wooden spoon, and you can serve the lemonade immediately or place the pitcher in the fridge.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Of course! To use frozen strawberries, thaw them first, and then follow the steps in the recipe. However, in the case of frozen strawberries, you might need to add more sugar to the lemonade. When using fresh strawberries, you can make out how sweet the strawberries are and adjust the sugar accordingly, but often frozen strawberries lack flavor and are not as sweet as fresh strawberries.
Can I reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe?
I understand that you might think the amount of sugar in this recipe is a bit much, but keep in mind that when you serve the strawberry lemonade in a glass full of ice cubes, the lemonade will get diluted. In case you are serving the strawberry lemonade chilled without ice cubes, then you can reduce the sugar in this recipe as per your liking!
Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 3 cup strawberries cut in half remove the green leaves
- Juice of one whole lemon
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes you can use more if serving immediately
- 5 cups of chilled water
- Slices of lemon
- Fresh mint leaves
- Slices of strawberry optional
- In a bowl, add the strawberries and sugar, mash using a masher, or you can blend it in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Run the strawberry puree through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds. You can push the pure through the sieve using a wooden spoon.
- In a pitcher, add the ice cubes, mint leaves, lemon juice, and strawberry puree.
- Add the water and stir using a wooden spoon.
- You can place the pitcher in the fridge or serve immediately in a glass full of ice cubes.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you.