Green tea is good for you. You should drink green tea. Why there’s no green tea in your kitchen? Do you know that green tea helps in losing weight?
All the above is what my close friend can’t stop saying when she visits me, she’s crazy about green tea, and keeping fit. Don’t get me wrong, it is good to take care of your health, but she take it very very seriously, I’m afraid she might turn her house into a big gym someday.
Today I want to surprise her and make some Iced Green Tea with Cherry!
I know that green tea is good for me and everyone, but whenever I had green tea, it’s either tasted bitter, too strong, or tasteless.
I have found a way to make green tea taste good. First, you have to buy a good green tea, today I’m using Takeya’s green tea, it is loose tea and comes in packets. Second, you have to follow my recipe below!
What I like about Takeya’s green tea, is the fact that it has great flavor and it is a little sweet, not sweet as in having sugar in it, but there is a hint of sweetness.
I will teach you how to make a great cup of green tea, and enjoy its light and delicate flavor. I’ve added cherry to make it look festive, also my friend is coming over and I wanted to see if she can make out the taste of green tea in this drink.
Do you like green tea?
Iced Green Tea with Cherry Syrup
Serves 2. 144 calories per serving
1 cup pitted cherries
4 1/2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon green tea leaves
2 1/2 cup water
2 teaspoon lemon juice
– In a saucepan, add 1/2 cup water and sugar, let it come to a boil.
– Add the cherries, lemon juice, and let it come to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
– Using a strainer, strain the cherries and discard the solids. Pour in a pitcher.
– In a saucepan, add 2 cups water, let it come to a boil. Turn off heat and let the water cool a bit for 4 minutes. Now add the green tea leaves, cover, and let it steep for two minutes.
– Strain the green tea through strainer, discard the leaves, and pour the tea in the same pitcher as the cherry syrup.
– When it comes to room temperature, refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
*If you are planing to buy green tea from Takeya, then please note that they have changed the green tea packaging.
*I was not compensated by Takeya for writing this post.