Summer is not yet in but it is hot and Vietnamese Cold Brewed Iced Coffee will for sure make you feel refreshed and ready to go on with your daily chores.
Cold Brewed Coffee
Usually, Vietnamese Iced Coffee is made using hot brewed coffee, but since I’ve started cold brewing my coffee I am more in love now with iced coffee than before. There are many benefits of brewing your coffee cold and although it takes a long time, it’s worth it.
Vietnamese Cold Brewed Iced Coffee tastes amazing and since it is cold brewed there are almost no acidity in it which means it is gentle on your stomach. Not only that, but cold brewed coffee is delicious and sweeter in taste.
You can try any type of coffee to cold brew. When it comes to coffee it totally depends on your taste. Some like it strong others like it light.
I suggest that you try my recipe as is the first time and then adjust it to your liking. Do not use instant coffee for this recipe it just won’t work.
Making Vietnamese Cold Brewed Iced Coffee.
Making Vietnamese Cold Brewed Iced Coffee is so simple and rewarding but you need to be patient and wait for a long time. You can cold brew the coffee from 13 to 16 hours and that’s the only difficult part of this whole process, the wait!
Let’s make us some Vietnamese Cold Brewed Iced Coffee!
- ½ cup coffee use any kind you love but dark roasted is preferred. Do not use instant coffee.
- 1 ¾ cup room temperature water
- 3 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- In a jar or a glass bowl, mix the water with coffee. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for 13 hours.
- In a large cup, add the condensed milk.
- Place a coffee filter in a strainer and strain the cold brewed coffee. Pour the strained coffee over the condensed milk, add few ice cubes, mix well, and enjoy.