This Virgin Mojito Recipe is going to be your go-to recipe. It’s a refreshing, non-alcoholic virgin mojito recipe made from fresh limes, mint leaves, sugar, and club soda or drinks like 7Up. Kids and adults like it, and it is easy to make. Let me show you how, in a few minutes, you can make a mojito mocktail and serve to one or a crowd.
I don’t drink alcohol, nor does my BF, so you can imagine my shock when she asked for a mojito while we were at the restaurant. I asked, “What in the world?!!” she smiled and said, “Oh, you will love it. Take a sip from mine, and you’ll see.” I couldn’t believe what I heard and thought she was pulling my legs.
The mojito looked so good in a chilled glass with all that ice, and I could smell the fresh mint. My friend held the glass and asked me to take a sip; I looked at her and at the mojito glass (and it was a big glass). She then told me it was a virgin mojito. I took a sip and loved how refreshing it was, and the flavor was on point. This incident took place a long time ago!
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Refreshing - I can have this drink at any season. It is refreshing and cooling.
Flavorful - The mint, with the lime and soda, these together brings out a great flavor.
Easy to prepare - With simple ingredients, you can make this drink within a few minutes. Don't forget to fill your glass with ice!
🍊 INGREDIENTS IN VIRGIN MOJITO
Lime. If you can find the small-sized ones, get them; those limes have a stronger flavor.
Fresh mint leaves. Ensure there are no black spots on the leaves and they are not withered. You will use it in making the virgin mojito and for the garnishing.
Club soda or soft drink like 7Up. You can mix club soda and 7Up or use one, but if you decide to use club soda only, then increase the amount of sugar.
Sugar. You will need it because we have lemon juice in the recipe. Also, you will use some of it to garnish the glass if you wish.
Ice. Some recipes call for crushed ice, but I like to use cubes. If you used crushed ice, add half before and half after the drink reaches three-fourths of the glass.
You will need a glass that can take one cup of liquid to make one serving.
To garnish the glass, rub the rim with a wedge of lime. On a small plate, add the sugar, turn the glass upside down, and dip it in the sugar. Make sure to cover the rim properly with sugar.
Add the mint leaves and slices of lime to the glass. Add the sugar and muddle the ingredients.
Add the ice, enough to fill the glass, and then add half the club soda and half of the 7Up, or if you wish, use the club soda but increase the amount of sugar.
Garnish the glass with fresh mint leaves or with a lime wedge.
How to make a pitcher of virgin mojito
Use a beautiful-looking pitcher that can take 8 cups of liquid.
- Wash and cut 15 mint leaves in half.
- Add the mint leaves, four tablespoons of sugar, and ¾ cup slices of lime in a bowl.
- Muddle the ingredients with a muddler or mash them together using the handle of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the previous mixture to the pitcher.
- Add four cups of club soda and 4 cups of 7Up or 8 cups of club soda.
- Fill your guests’ glass with ice and pour the virgin mojito.
👩🏽🍳 PRO TIPS
To keep the drink chilled for long place the serving glass in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving the drink.
To have a more minty flavor, pulse some mint leaves in a food processor and add to the serving glass or pitcher.
Add crushed fresh strawberries - Crush the strawberries and add them to the bottom of the glass, and then add the ice and the soda.
Make it spicy - Add three or four jalapeno slices to the drink.
Watermelon - Add a few slices to the glass and muddle with the mint and lime.
Pineapple juice - Add one teaspoon of strawberry or pineapple juice to one serving of virgin mojito.
📣 MORE DRINKS YOU'LL LOVE
⭐PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please give it a 5-star rating and leave a comment below with your experience!
Virgin Mojito Recipe
FOR ONE SERVING
- ½ lime cut in quarters
- 4 mint leaves cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon sugar If only using club soda use 2 teaspoons.
- ½ cup 7Up or mountain dew
- ½ cup club soda
- Ice cubes
FOR A PITCHER SERVING 8
- 15 to 20 mint leaves cut in half
- ¾ cup slices of lime
- 4 cups 7Up or Mountain Dew
- 4 cups club soda
- 4 tablespoon sugar less or more depending on your taste
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
To make one serving
- In a glass, add the mint leaves, slices of lime, and sugar. Muddle the ingredients using a muddler to release the oil and flavor from the mint leaves, and releasee the juice from the lime.
- Add the ice and then pour the club soda and the 7Up.
- Serve immediately.
To make a pitcher serving 8
- In a bowl, add the mint leaves, sugar, and lime slices. Muddle the ingredients until the slices of the lime release all the juices, and the mint leaves to release the oil.
- Add the previous mixture to the pitcher.
- Pour the club soda and the 7Up in the pitcher and mix well.
- Fill your guests’ glasses with ice cubes or crushed ice, then pour the mojito.