Delicious and refreshing Virgin Mojito Recipe. A non-alcoholic mojito mocktail made from fresh limes, mint leaves, sugar, and club soda or drinks like 7Up and Mountain dew. In this post, I will show you how to make Mojito to serve one or to serve a crowd. Don’t forget to watch the video for the simple tutorial!
I don’t drink alcohol, nor does my BF, so you can imagine my shock when she asked for a mojito while we were at the restaurant. I asked, “What in the world?!!” she smiled and said “Oh, you will love it. Take a sip from mine, and you’ll see.” I couldn’t believe what I heard and thought she was pulling my legs.
The mojito looked so good in a chilled glass with all that ice, and I could smell the fresh mint. My friend held the glass and asked me to take a sip; I looked at her and at the mojito glass (and it was a big glass). She then told me it’s a virgin mojito, I took a sip and loved how refreshing it was, and the flavor was on point. This incident took place a long time ago!
Virgin Mojito Ingredients
Lime. If you can find the small sized ones get them, those limes have a stronger flavor.
Fresh mint leaves. To get the best flavor out of the mint leaves, make sure there are no black spots on the leaves, and they are not withered. You will use it in making the virgin mojito and for the garnishing.
Club soda or soft drink like 7Up. You can mix club soda and 7Up or use one, but if you decide to use club soda only, then increase the amount of sugar.
Sugar, you will need it because we have lemon juice in the recipe. Also, you will use some of it to garnish the glass if you wish.
Ice. Some recipes call for crushed ice, but I like to use cubes. In case you used crushed ice, add half of it before adding the drink, and the other half after the drink reaches three fourth of the glass.
How to make virgin mojito?
- You will need a glass that can take one cup of liquid to make one serving.
- To garnish the glass, rub the rim with a wedge of lime and remove any pulp. On a small plate, add the sugar, turn the glass upside down and dip it in the sugar, make sure to cover the rim properly with sugar.
- Add the mint leaves and slices of lime.
- Add the sugar and muddle the ingredients. To muddle, you can use a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon; I used the handle of my ice cream scoop.
- Add the ice, enough to all most fill the glass and then add half the club soda and half of the 7Up, or if you wish, use the club soda but increase the amount of sugar.
- Garnish the glass with fresh mint leaves or with a lime wedge.
How to make a pitcher of virgin mojito
Use a beautiful looking pitcher that can take 8 cups of liquid.
- Wash and cut 15 mint leaves in half.
- In a bowl, add the mint leaves, 4 tablespoon sugar, ¾ cup slices of lime.
- Muddle the ingredients with a muddler or mash it together using the handle of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the previous mixture to the pitcher.
- Add four cups of club soda and 4 cups of 7Up, or 8 cups of club soda.
- Fill your guests’ glass with ice and pour the virgin mojito to fill it.
Virgin Mojito Variations
- Add a few slices of watermelon to the glass and muddle with the mint and lime.
- Add slices of fresh strawberries.
- In the pitcher, add slices of strawberries and thin slices of cucumber.
- Add one teaspoon of strawberry juice or pineapple juice in one serving of virgin mojito.
Virgin Mojito Recipe
For one serving
- Half a lime cut in quarters
- 4 mint leaves cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon sugar if using 7Up with club soda. or (2 teaspoon sugar if only using club soda.)
- ½ cup 7Up or mountain dew
- ½ cup club soda
- Ice cubes
For a pitcher serving 8
- 15 to 20 mint leaves cut in half
- ¾ cup slices of lime
- 4 cups 7Up or Mountain Dew
- 4 cups club soda
- 4 tablespoon sugar less or more depending on your taste
- Ice cubes or crushed ice to add it to the guests’ glasses before pouring the mojito.
To make one serving
- In a glass, add the mint leaves, slices of lime, and sugar. Muddle the ingredients using a muddler to release the oil and flavor from the mint leaves, and releasee the juice from the lime.
- Add the ice and then pour the club soda and the 7Up.
- Serve immediately.
To make a pitcher serving 8
- In a bowl, add the mint leaves, sugar, and lime slices. Muddle the ingredients until the slices of the lime release all the juices, and the mint leaves to release the oil.
- Add the previous mixture to the pitcher.
- Pour the club soda and the 7Up in the pitcher and mix well.
- Fill your guests’ glasses with ice cubes or crushed ice, then pour the mojito.
may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at
no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com