Have you tried an Apple Crumble Recipe before? Well, if you didn’t then you are missing on a lot. I can’t say that this Apple Crumble recipe is like apple pie, although the taste might remind you of it. I never had a better tasting apple crumble than this, and I encourage you to give it a try!
Why Make Apple Crumble Recipe?
If you like desserts with fruit, then this is the dessert for you. It has a delicious buttery topping with a crunch to it, thanks to the toasted walnuts. It tastes great when served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Preparing apple crumble hardly take 10 minutes, so if you have guests over you can whip up some in a jiffy and you don’t have to wait for it to cool completely to serve.
How To Make Apple Crumble?
Nothing is easier than following this apple crumble recipe, you must have apples, I like the sweet red apples, but you can use what’s available in your kitchen. We should also have butter, flour, and sugar.
We are going to use two types of sugar here, white sugar used in the filling, and the brown sugar in the topping, mainly to give the topping a caramel-like flavor. Rolled oats are good for you so yes, let’s have some. Usually, there are no walnuts in apple crumble recipe, but I like walnuts and it adds to the flavor.
How To Store Apple Crumble?
Store? I’m not sure anything will be left to store!! This dessert is usually gone within the same day it is baked, but If you have some leftovers, then you better place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it. When you are ready to have some, take a portion out of the fridge and leave it covered at the countertop for 10 minutes, then warm it in the microwave for 11 to 12 minutes.
Apple Crumble Recipe
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 kg or 2lb, or 5 medium red sweet apples
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup butter cut in cubes
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
MAKING THE FILLING
- Peel and cut the apples into cubes. Place in the baking pan.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients and mix well.
MAKING THE TOPPING
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the topping, rub the butter into the ingredients using your fingertips.
- Sprinkle the toppings over the apples, covering all the apples with it.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from the oven and let it cool a little.
- This dessert is best served warm with ice cream.