These are the ultimate Nutella brownies! Imagine biting into a warm, gooey Nutella brownie, the rich flavors of hazelnut and chocolate melting in your mouth. The melted butter gives it a smooth texture, while the brown sugar adds the perfect amount of sweetness. And to top it all off, the surprise Nutella buttons make it a dessert to remember!
Nutella brownies are a fantastic dessert option you can easily whip up in your kitchen. They're perfect when craving something sweet but don't want to spend hours baking. With basic ingredients like eggs, vanilla, all-purpose flour, and the show's star, Nutella, you'll have a batch of delicious brownies ready quickly.
This Nutella brownie recipe stands out from the rest because of its unique Nutella buttons. These frozen discs of Nutella add an interesting textural element to the brownies. Plus, you can customize the consistency of your brownies by adjusting the baking time. And if you're looking for eggless desserts, check out my Nutella eggless cake! Other chocolate desserts that will wow you are my Chocolate fudge cake and the Best moist chocolate cake.
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Super easy: This Nutella brownie recipe is wonderfully simple. With just a few steps to follow and pantry staple ingredients, you'll have a batch of delicious brownies ready in no time.
Quick: From start to finish, these Nutella brownies take just 35 minutes to make, including baking time. This makes them a perfect option for when you need a quick dessert or snack that's sure to impress.
Family favorite: These brownies are a hit with kids and adults alike. The rich, chocolatey flavor of Nutella combined with a perfectly chewy texture makes them a treat that the whole family will love.
Customizable texture: Whether you prefer your brownies gooey or chewy, this recipe has you covered. You can adjust the baking time to achieve your desired texture, making it a versatile recipe that caters to everyone's preferences.
More details about the ingredients and measurements are in the recipe card below!
Butter: Unsalted and melted, butter is the fat in this recipe, providing a rich and creamy texture. It also adds a delightful buttery flavor that compliments the chocolatey goodness of Nutella.
Brown Sugar: This sweet delight gives your brownies a depth of flavor that white sugar can't. It also adds moisture to the brownies, making them perfectly soft and chewy.
Eggs: These are the binding agents in your brownie mix. Remember to use medium-sized eggs at room temperature for easy incorporation into the batter.
Nutella: This is the star ingredient of this recipe. Nutella brings a unique, creamy, and chocolaty flavor to the brownies. Plus, extra Nutella is used for making delightful Nutella buttons on top.
All-Purpose Flour: This pantry staple provides structure to your brownies. It holds all the other ingredients together and gives your brownies their classic shape and texture.
Preparing Nutella Buttons
Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Form Nutella discs by using a teaspoon to drop the Nutella onto the prepared baking sheet.
Freeze the Nutella discs by placing the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour or two.
Making the Nutella Brownies
Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Sift your dry ingredients, which are flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside.
Combine the melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well.
Add the Nutella to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until combined.
Incorporate the eggs one at a time, mixing for a few seconds after each addition. Then, add the vanilla extract and give the mixture a quick stir.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients, then add the Nutella buttons and fold them into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
Bake on the top shelf of your oven for the desired time based on your preferred brownie texture. Bake them for 25 minutes if you like your brownies chewy or 20 to 22 minutes if you prefer them gooey.
Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the brownies. If it comes out with a few crumbs, they're done. Then, remove the brownies from the pan by lifting the parchment paper and placing them on a cooling rack.
Cut the brownies into squares after they've cooled for about 10 minutes.
Your delicious Nutella brownies are ready to serve! Enjoy them on their own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
👩🏽🍳 PRO TIPS
Freeze the Nutella buttons: Use a teaspoon to drop Nutella onto a lined baking sheet and freeze for an hour or two. These frozen Nutella discs add a delightful surprise when baked into the brownies.
Perfect your mixing technique: When adding eggs, mix just enough to combine and avoid overmixing. Overmixing can incorporate too much air, creating a cake-like texture instead of the desired fudgy brownie consistency.
Understand your oven: Bake on the top shelf of your oven for a chewy brownie. If you prefer a gooier and fudgier texture, reduce the baking time by a few minutes.
Test for doneness: Insert a toothpick in the middle of the brownies to check if they're done. If it comes out with a few crumbs, your brownies are perfectly baked.
Cool before cutting: Allow your brownies to cool for at least ten minutes before cutting into squares. This guarantees firm and neat pieces.
Add Nuts: If you're a fan of crunchy textures, add half a cup of chopped hazelnuts to the batter before baking. The nutty texture and flavor pair perfectly with Nutella, adding extra depth to your brownies.
Double Chocolate Delight: For the serious chocoholics, this variation is a must-try. Add half a cup of chocolate chips into the batter for an extra chocolatey bite. The melted chocolate chips will make your Nutella brownies even more delightful.
Coffee Twist: If you're a coffee lover, add a teaspoon of instant coffee powder to the batter. The coffee flavor will accentuate the chocolatey goodness of the Nutella, giving your brownies a sophisticated edge.
🍽️ HOW TO SERVE
- For a heavenly breakfast, pair your Nutella brownie with a cup of hot latte or Indian tea. The rich, creamy flavor of the coffee compliments the chocolatey brownie perfectly, making your morning meal a delightful experience.
- Nutella brownies can also be a fantastic party dessert. Serve them warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The contrast between the warm, chewy brownie and the cold, creamy ice cream will leave your guests asking for more.
- For a late-night snack, enjoy your Nutella brownie with a glass of cold milk. The classic combination of milk and chocolate will surely satisfy your sweet tooth and help you wind down after a long day.
- These Nutella brownies can also be a great on-the-go treat. Just pack them in a lunchbox, and they'll keep you energized throughout your busy day.
- Lastly, if you're in the mood for something extra decadent, serve these brownies with a drizzle of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of sea salt. The added flavors will enhance the chocolatey goodness of the brownies and make each bite even more special.
💬 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, you can use salted butter, but remember to omit the additional salt from the recipe. The salt in the butter will be enough to balance out the sweetness of the Nutella and brown sugar.
The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs. A clean toothpick means the brownies are overdone and might turn out dry.
Yes, if you prefer chewier, gooier brownies, reduce the baking time to around twenty minutes. If you like them a bit firmer and chewy, bake for twenty-five minutes.
Refrigerate: You can store your Nutella brownies in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just place them in an airtight container and they're good to go. They're even more amazing when served cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Freeze: If you want your brownies to last longer, you can freeze them. Wrap each brownie individually in cling film, then place them in a freezer bag or airtight container. They can stay frozen for up to three months.
Thawing Instructions: When ready to enjoy your frozen brownies, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Reheating Instructions: If you want your brownies warm, you can reheat them in the microwave in ten-second increments until it's as warm as you prefer.
📣 MORE BROWNIE RECIPES YOU'LL LIKE
⭐PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW
If you have tried this recipe and liked it, please give it a 5-star rating and leave a comment below with your experience!
Nutella Brownies Recipe
- ⅓ cup unsalted and melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 medium size eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella for the batter.
- ¼ cup Nutella, for making Nutella buttons You can make it half a cup if you wish.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
TO MAKE NUTELLA BUTTONS:
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- I am using a teaspoon to drop the Nutella on the aluminum foil forming small discs.
- When done, place the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour or two.
MAKING THE NUTELLA BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix well for one minute.
- Add the Nutella and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix for a few seconds. Do not over mix at this point or the brownies will come out having cake-like texture after incorporating a lot of air.
- Add the vanilla and give it a quick mix. Add the dry ingredients and gently stir it in the batter, then add the Nutella buttons and fold it in the batter.
- Pour the batter in the previously prepared baking pan. Bake the brownies on the top shelf of your oven for 25 minutes if you like the brownies chewy. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes if you like the brownies chewier and gooier.
- The brownies are done baking when you insert a toothpick in the middle of the brownies and comes out with few crumbs.
- Hold the parchment paper form the sides to pull the brownies out of the baking pan. Place the brownies over a cooling rack to prevent it from overbaking.
- After the brownies are set for 10 minutes, cut the Nutella brownies to 16 squares.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or at room temperature.
- Store the leftover brownies in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
- You can add ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter or melt it with the butter and then add it to the batter for a stronger chocolaty taste.
- Make sure the Nutella button is properly frozen before adding it to the batter, or it will melt in the batter.
- Use ingredients that are at room temperature for even baking.
- Brownies are always tricky when it comes to the baking time. Overbaking them will result in a cakey texture; always pull the brownie out of the oven a few minutes before you think it is done.
- You can make bigger nutella buttons, but they have to freeze longer.