It’s the fourth recipe in my mini-series of Everything Pumpkin Pie Spice and it is Pumpkin Bread. This recipe is so easy to prepare, everything is mixed in less than 5 minutes.
What takes time is the baking (53 minutes), but it’s really worth it. Pumpkin Bread can survive to a maximum of two days in my house, it is such a great compliment to coffee, milk, tea, and is amazing on its own.
Pumpkin bread is moist and light, if you wish you can use the same batter to make muffins, just reduce the baking time to 20 – 22 minutes, depending on your oven.
Making Pumpkin Bread.
To make this delicious bread you have to grab the recipe for my Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix since that what you’ll be using to give this beauty an amazing flavor.
I have added raisins and I think it goes really well with pumpkin bread, but you can add nuts, or even chocolate chips, make sure you add a small amount, though, so you can enjoy the taste of the pumpkin and spices.
If you love pumpkin you will love this:
Pumpkin Bread RecipePrint Rate
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a loaf pan 4”x8.5” with parchment paper, or grease and flour it. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spice mix, sift or whisk well, keep aside.
- Add one teaspoon of flour to the raisins to coat and keep aside.
- In a different bowl, add the rest of ingredients excepts raisins and beat well for two minutes.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and gently mix for few seconds. Add the raisins and fold gently for three seconds.
- Pour the batter into previously prepared baking loaf pan. Bake for 52 – 54 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Place pan on cooling rack for 9 minutes. After 9 minutes remove the pumpkin bread from the loaf and place it on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Follow me on Pinterest 🙂