If you’ve been reading my posts and tweets, you know by now that I love coffee. I had it in my Ice Cream, in my Cream Caramel, I had it Ice Cold, and in my Eggless Tiramisu. How can I leave it out of my Cookies? It won’t happen :). Sharing today Mocha Oatmeal Cookies.
I’ve used quick oats here, just because this is how we like it at my home, feel free to use the type you like.
Below is the video and the recipe of my Mocha Oatmeal Cookies, Enjoy!
Mocha Oatmeal CookiesPrint Rate
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 2 teaspoons boiling water
- In a bowl whisk or sift flour with salt, and baking soda. Keep aside.
- In a different bowl, beat the butter with sugar, when well combined add the vanilla, egg, and coffee.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well, then add the oats and mix using a spoon or a spatula.
- refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Take a heaping teaspoon from the dough and place on the baking sheet/pan.
- Wet your fingers with cold water and press the cookies down.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350F/180C, for 9 to 10 minutes, but if you like your cookies a little crispy, then bake for 12 minutes.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.