Pillow like Soft Garlic Knots, I see them as a gift sent from above. I get excited when baking garlic knots and can’t wait for these beauties to be on the table for me to devour.
Making Soft Garlic Knots
The worst Garlic Knots are the dry and flavorless ones, those you often find in fast food restaurants.
Nothing beats homemade.
These Soft Garlic Knots are fluffy, the butter and parsley flavor exist in every bite, and the golden color makes the soft garlic knots the star in parties and a reason to show off.
I like my garlic knots plain when just out of the oven, but I promise that it’s an excellent companion to your favorite dip or sauce based recipe.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
Soft Garlic Knots
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ cup parmesan
- Mix water with yeast and sugar, keep aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with salt and olive oil. Add the yeast mixture gradually and knead for 10 minutes, you should get a smooth and non-sticky dough.
- Cover the dough and leave in a warm place to rise, may take an hour or an hour and a half.
- When the dough is double in size, knead for a minute and then divide into eight equal size balls.
- Make eight logs from the balls, stretch each log and tie into a knot.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cover the knots and let it rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C.
- Bake the knots for 10 minutes.
- While the knots are baking, in a saucepan add the butter, garlic powder, and parsley, cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until the butter melts.
- Brush the warm knots with the mixture and then sprinkle the parmesan.
- Serve warm.