There are times when you think that you are in a deep sleep but you are actually half awake. It happens to all of us every now and then I guess! It’s the time when your eyes are shut but your brain is still working/ thinking about different matters of your life.
Last night was a very long night, I couldn’t sleep until really late, I woke up feeling as if I ran 10 miles. Besides being exhausted, I could not focus, but I knew how to fix that.
A cup of coffee wakes me up and relaxes me at the same time, but today it didn’t seem to work! All I wanted to do is go back to bed.
Then I grabbed a cupcake and somehow that took care of my mood, could be the sugar, or maybe the taste and the smell of orange.
Well, I’m wide awake now, and don’t mind another cupcake 🙂 … I’m sharing with you today a cupcake that not only go so well with your coffee, but makes you feel good, at least that what it did to me.
Orange Crumble Cupcake
Makes 12 cupcakes. 155 calories per cupcake.
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons orange zest
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons orange juice
4 tablespoons unpacked brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
– Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Place your cupcake liners in the cupcake pan.
– In a bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Keep aside.
– In a different bowl, add the egg and sugar, beat until creamy in texture, add vanilla, orange zest, butter, oil, and orange juice, beat well.
– Add the milk and beat until combined. Add the flour and mix gently. Do not over mix, you may see some lumps but don’t worry about it.
– Pour the batter evenly in the cupcake liners.
– Mix the crumble ingredients together, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of each cupcake evenly.
– Bake for 13 – 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.