And after taking some time off from blogging, I bring you buttery Lime Rice. I know, you must be wondering where was I! Well, I was going through a rough time trying my best to support my in-laws since they suffered a great loss.
To be honest, I didn’t feel like posting anything yet but I guess I had to start posting again sooner or later. The dish I’m sharing today is so simple to make and is perfect as a side dish with your gravy dishes or even on its own.
The flavor of lime in this Buttery Lime Rice is mild to balanced. Let me say it now to all my Indian readers, this is not the Indian version of lemon rice, so don’t be surprised when you read the recipe.
Making Buttery Lime Rice.
I have added turmeric because I wanted to brighten the color of my buttery lime rice and make it more interesting than plain white. You can serve this rice with baked chicken or even steak.
I’ll keep this post to here and reserve my energy to make more dishes to catch up with the time spent away from my blog. There are many dishes to make, many pictures to be taken, and many hours to spend on writing posts.
- 1 cup parboiled rice soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups boiling or hot water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- In a pan, add the oil and butter then add the onion and stir until translucent.
- Add the water and when it comes to a boil, add the rest of ingredients.
- When it comes to a boil again, cover the pan tightly and reduce heat to the lowest.
- Cook for 15 minutes, uncover and stir gently to avoid breaking the rice. Cover tightly again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Uncover and stir one last time. Cover again and let it sit for 10 minutes while the heat is off.
Follow me on Pinterest.