Chicken Teriyaki – I love Japanese food, it’s quick to make and tasty just like this Healthy Chicken Teriyaki recipe. I like the fact that most Japanese food is low in calories, which might be the reason why you get hungry after having a Japanese meal.
I used to think that, Japanese and Chinese food are the same, with a slight difference, but when you start cooking dishes from both cuisines, you find that they are quite different.
Making Chicken Teriyaki.
Chicken thighs are what usually used to make Chicken Teriyaki, but I’m using chicken breast in this recipe. There is no harm in using chicken thighs, in fact, the calorie count is not that different between the breast and thigh.
The reason why I’m using breast is to teach those who rather use chicken breast, how to cook it while keeping the breast texture tender and juicy from the inside.
This healthy teriyaki chicken is served with white rice, using your Rice Cooker while making the chicken Teriyaki will save time. I have changed the recipe a bit since I and my family do not consume alcohol. However, I promise you will not miss it.
More Chicken Recipes:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts 80gm each
- 3 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl, add water, soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, and ginger. Mix well.
- To a hot pan add oil, when hot add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side on high heat.
- Use a kitchen paper/towel to remove excess oil from the pan.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and let it simmer for 1 minute, then add the cornstarch mixture and stir quickly, when thick turn off heat.
- Cut the chicken into slices and serve over rice, sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Serve immediately.
I have used these products:
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com