Hawaiian Chicken is a little sweet with a hint of sourness. The diced pineapples burst with flavor from the sticky sauce it’s cooked in, it releases sweetness to give you kind of a pleasant surprise that will make you look forward to the second bite.
It’s best to serve the Hawaiian Chicken with plain white rice; you don’t want any other flavor to take away the sweet and sour craze that’s present in this recipe. This dish will remind you of Teriyaki Chicken because of the sauce and the sweetness.
Hawaiian Chicken A Quick Meal
When the sauce reduces and turns sticky, you will notice that the taste of the sauce and the chicken is more enhanced and adopted a different characteristic. Therefore you must be patient and let the sauce cook and reduces.
You don’t have to travel to Hawaii to enjoy Hawaiian Chicken, you can make your version at home which will taste far much better than the takeaway, and you’ll feel good serving your family a better tasting meal.
How to Make Hawaiian Chicken?
This recipe is straightforward, and there is no way to mess it up. Heat the pan and fry the chicken, and then fry the onions. Add the chicken again, then the sauce, and finally add the bell pepper and pineapple.
Cook on medium heat until the sauce reduces, and the chicken is completely cooked. That’s all to it, and you’ll be done in a maximum of 30 minutes. A quick and delicious meal!
If you are looking for more delicious chicken recipes, I will recommend another tasty, quick dinner, like chicken and dumplings, it will for sure keep you warm and satisfied. Chicken with Mushroom Gravy is great if you want to have some mashed potatoes on the side. In case you want to go wild and adventures then why not give my Chili Chicken Fry a try!
Let’s make it!
Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 3 skinless boneless chicken thighs cut in cubes
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish optional
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 minced garlic
- 1 inch of ginger chopped
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Keep aside.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and when hot add the seasoned chicken and fry until it gets brown patches.
- Remove the chicken and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed, add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chicken and stir for one minute on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients and then add to the chicken and let it come to a boil.
- Add the bell pepper and the pineapple, let the sauce cook until it reduces, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn off heat and serve with white rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish.