Crispy Spicy Chicken Wings, these are truly crispy chicken wings with a little of spice. We are not using eggs in this recipe, but the flavor and texture will blow your mind. Make spicy chicken wings tonight, and it will soon become your favorite dish!
Spicy Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are delicious with or without a dip. The coating on the wings is crispy and have a hint of spiciness coming from the red chili powder.
I do clean the chicken wings by adding a little salt and flour, rub the wings for one minute in that mixture and then rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry.
Spicy Crispy Chicken Wings Ingredients
The ingredients below show you how easy it is to make this dinner recipe. You can find everything listed below in nearby stores or maybe already in your kitchen cabinet.
Chicken wings. Choose medium-sized and meaty wings.
Milk, it helps the chicken wings to stay tender from the inside.
Oil to deep fry. Make sure the oil is flavorless.
Flour. Do not use self-rising flour.
Blend of spices. We are going to use red chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, allspice powder, and salt.
Making Crispy Chicken Wings
There is no mess in making spicy chicken wings. Mix the spices with the flour and keep aside. In a bowl, add the milk.
Heat the oil, dredge the chicken wing in the seasoned flour, dip the wing in the milk then in the flour again. Carefully, place the chicken wing in the hot oil, you can use a tongue in this step.
Fry the wings on one side, flip and fry the other side. The chicken wings should be golden and crispy and will stay crispy as long as you don’t cover the wings while hot.
For any successful chicken wings recipe, a meaty chicken wing is a must. I have seen some skinny chicken wings in stores. Please check the size of the wings before using it in the recipe.
More Chicken Recipe?
Crispy Spicy Chicken Wings
- 8 chicken wings cleaned use the sharp side of the knife to gently scrub the skin to remove residue and small feathers. Pat dry and keep aside.
- 1 cup milk
- Enough oil to deep fry
TO SEASON THE FLOUR
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder you can use less.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon allspice powder
- In a deep frying pan, add enough oil to cover the wings. Keep oil on medium high heat.
- Mix the flour with flour seasoning and keep aside.
- Dip the chicken wing in the seasoned flour, then dip it in milk, and finally dip it again in the seasoned flour. Do the same with all the wings.
- Fry the wings in the hot oil for 9 minutes, flip and fry for 5 minutes on the other side.
- To check if the chicken wing is cooked, prick the chicken wing with a knife, if the knife goes through the chicken smoothly it means it’s done. If it feels tough and or blood ooze out, cook for another three minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken wings on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot.
- Make sure to pat dry the chicken before dredging it in the seasoned flour.
- The oil is ready to fry the chicken wings if you add a pinch of flour to it and it bubbled immediately.
- Please check the post above to learn how I clean the chicken wings.
- You can omit the red chili powder and add cayenne pepper instead.
This post was originally published in 2016. The post is updated with more information.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com