BBQ Chicken Wings, a simple and tasty finger food. This recipe is perfect for game day and parties. The BBQ sauce is homemade, and you don’t have to cook it. A flavorful tender chicken wings that are baked and are ready within 30 minutes without much effort.
Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
Cleaning the wings will make you enjoy these BBQ Chicken Wings even more. The first thing you have to do is to grab a knife, using the sharp side, gently scrub the chicken wings.
Rub the wings with salt for one minute, rinse, and you will see that the wings are now brighter in color. The most important step is done, and the following steps are much easier.
Before preparing the wings, make sure to preheat the oven. You can also grill these wings instead of baking. Grilling the chicken wings will add a Smokey flavor to the Chicken Wings.
Can you make BBQ chicken wings using your favorite BBQ sauce? Yes, you can. At days when I’m lazy but want my chicken wings, I use different types of BBQ sauce instead of making a homemade sauce, and the chicken wings always come out great.
What is your favorite BBQ sauce?
How to serve these chicken wings
These chicken wings are amazing with garlic dip and even hummus. For a healthier choice, you can serve it with a green salad on the side.
If you enjoy fried chicken wings, then I have a recipe for Crispy and little spice chicken wings on my blog. The chicken wings are truly crispy from the outside but perfectly tender from the inside.
BBQ Chicken Wings
- 8 chicken wings cleaned
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
FOR THE BBQ SAUCE
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside. Or use a nonstick baking sheet.
- In a big bowl, mix the BBQ sauce ingredients well and keep aside.
- Season the wings with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dredge each wing in the flour. Place the wings on the baking pan (preferably nonstick pan). Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the chicken wings out of the oven and place in a big bowl, pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken wings, toss until the sauce covers the wings completely.
- Place the chicken wings on the baking tray and bake again at 400F/200C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This post was originally published in 2016. The post is updated with new text and more information.