When I make finger food like this Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken Wings, I think of parties and gathering. I wish if I could invite you all over to my house and be the best host for you, until that dream comes true, let us virtually party and enjoy this recipe!
How to make Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken Wings
Before sharing the recipe! I would like to share some tips on cleaning chicken wings. Cleaning the wings properly will make you enjoy these Brown Sugar BBQ Chicken Wings even more. The first thing you have to do is to grab a knife, using the sharp side, gently scrub the chicken wings.
Rub the wings with salt for one minute, rinse, and you will see that the wings are now brighter in color. The most important step is done, and the following steps are much easier.
I know that some might find it weird to include brown sugar in a chicken recipe, but the addition of vinegar and seasoning the wings with salt will bring out a great flavor.
More Chicken Wings?
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 8 chicken wings cleaned
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- For the BBQ Sauce:
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- In a big bowl, mix the BBQ sauce ingredients well and keep aside.
- Season the wings with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dredge each wing in flour. Place the wings in baking pan (preferably nonstick pan). Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the chicken wings out of the oven, place in a bog bowl, pour the BBQ sauce, toss until the sauce covers the wings completely.
- Place wings in baking tray and bake again at 400F/200C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.