Let’s talk about getting used to things and the difficulty of adopting change. Oh no, I’m not going to bore you and talk about serious issues. I’m keeping things simple here and will talk about food, about my Crispy Spicy Chicken Wings!
Making Crispy Spicy Chicken Wings.
You know how there are many different types of flavored coffee, but you just can’t do without a black one. You can enjoy different smoothies but you will always crave for your favorite. I love chicken wings and had many versions of it, which I enjoyed, but I always crave for some Crispy Spicy Chicken Wings.
Deep fried chicken wings don’t sound healthy I know, but it tastes good and that’s really what matters. I wanted to reduce the calories in this recipe while maintaining the flavor. Guess what I did!
I didn’t use eggs, these Crispy Spicy Chicken Wings don’t need eggs to have a crispy texture. I have seasoned the flour well, and used milk only and achieved a mind-blowing crispy texture from the outside and juicy, tender from the inside.
These chicken wings have a great flavor even the next day, but I have, to be honest, the wings won’t be as crispy as the day you made it, but I don’t think you’ll mind!
Pay attention to the frying method and tips in this recipe, to achieve juicy chicken wings that are thoroughly cooked.
More Chicken Wings?
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
- 8 chicken wings cleaned (use the sharp side of the knife to gently scrub the skin to remove residue and small feathers. Pat dry and keep aside.)
- 1 cup milk
- Enough oil to deep fry
- To season flour:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder ( you can use less.)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon allspice powder
- In a deep frying pan, add enough oil to cover the wings. Keep oil on medium high heat.
- Mix the flour with flour seasoning and keep aside.
- Dip chicken wing in seasoned flour, then in milk, and then in seasoned flour again. Do the same with all the wings.
- Fry the wings in the hot oil for 9 minutes, flip and fry for 5 minutes on the other side.
- To check if the chicken wing is cooked, prick the chicken with a knife, if the knife goes through the chicken smoothly it means it’s done. If it feels tough and or blood ooze out, cook for another three minutes.
- Place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot.