You need 20 minutes to make the Korean Beef Bowl. A little sweet and a little salty, this Korean dish might remind you of the Korean BBQ. Besides being easy to make, it is inexpensive, and you won’t need to shop for special ingredients, chances are, everything you need to make Korean bee bowl is in your kitchen!
What is Korean beef bowl
Korean beef bowl is ground, and browned beef cooked with soy sauce and brown sugar. The green onion (spring onion) add so much flavor plus the garlic and ginger add an earthy flavor that makes this dish difficult to resist. You can use thinly sliced beef but to make this dish less expensive we are using ground beef.
The main ingredients you will need
Red chili flakes.
How to make Korean beef
You can use any ground beef, but if you want more flavor use chuck or ribeye. However, this Korean beef bowl recipe tastes great with cheap cuts too.
In a large pan, add the oil and garlic then sear the ground beef. It is important to cook the ground beef in a very hot pan to help it brown evenly.
Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, chili flakes, and ginger and add to the ground beef. Add the
green onion and cook until the ground beef is cooked through.
How to serve Korean ground beef
The Korean beef bowl is served over steamed rice, which can be jasmine rice, plain rice, or coconut milk rice. You can make this dish more interesting by adding a fried egg on the side.
How to heat Korean beef bowl
You can use the microwave, but it is better to heat the Korean beef on the stove top. Keep the heat to low medium to prevent drying the meat. If you feel that the beef is getting dry, add two tablespoon water, and continue heating.
More Asian Recipes
Easy Korean Beef Bowl Recipe
- 250 gm ground beef
- 2 garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion
- 3 tablespoon oil to cook
- Sesame seeds to garnish the dish
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and red chili flakes. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add the oil and when hot add the garlic and the ground beef. You can make small chunks of beef if you wish. Make sure to cook the ground beef in a wide pan to help it brown and cook faster.
- Cook the beef until it is no longer pink.
- Add the salt and black pepper and stir for two minutes on high.
- Add the soy sauce mix to the beef and cook for two minutes or until the beef is cooked.
- Add the chopped spring onion and cook for one minute.
- Serve hot with plain rice.
This page may contain affiliate
links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com