Chicken Schezwan noodles – I saw this dish written as Szechuan Noodles too. Remember my homemade schezwan sauce recipe? You’ll need it to make this delight!
I’m not sure where this recipe originated from, in reality, that shouldn’t be our concern. What we should look at is the how good this chicken schezwan noodles tastes.
To make this mouthwatering dish, you have to use schezwan sauce which I’ve shared the recipe for in a previous post.
I’ve used few vegetables in this recipe, but you can use the vegetables available in your house, or use the vegetables you like.
The stars of this recipe are the chicken and the schezwan sauce. Soy sauce is also used but I suggest you always use low sodium soy sauce, it allows you to have more control over the amount of salt used.
Making chicken schezwan noodles for dinner is a great idea, it takes few minutes and the time is mostly spent on chopping the vegetables.
The chicken is cut in thin slices and will cook in 5 minutes. We do not overcook the vegetables in this recipe, to maintain that slight bite.
You might think that this dish will be extra spicy and fiery, but one tablespoon and half of schezwan sauce give this meal a balanced heat, a level of heat that you can enjoy!
Let’s make some Chicken Schezwan Noodles!
Chicken Schezwan Noodles
- 3 chicken thighs skinless boneless, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion cut in thin slices
- ½ red bell pepper cut in thin slices
- 1 whole spring onion chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon schezwan sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce use low sodium
- 3 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 cups cooked noodles of your choice
- Heat a frying pan, add the oil and when hot add the chicken. Cook the chicken until light brown patches appear.
- Keep the heat high, add the onion and carrot and sauté for one minute. And the rest of the ingredients and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir until well combined.
- Serve hot and sprinkle some chopped green onion for garnish.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com