I know that searching for salads on my blog might be frustrating! I’m really picky when it comes to salads, so I usually mix it with chicken or Pasta, and today I am sharing a favorite of mine, Yogurt Chickpea Salad. I consider it a healthy tasty vegetarian snack.
Yogurt Chickpea Salad is my secret weapon to keep hunger at bay when I used to go to work, and now that my home is my office I still have it to keep me full and satisfied without feeling guilty.
Making Yogurt Chickpea Salad.
I’ve seasoned this salad using, black pepper, red chili powder, cumin, and salt. To make it healthier for my heart, Olive oil was for sure included. I suggest that you make the salad as is then change the spices per your taste.
You can have this salad at room temperature, but when it’s Summer it so refreshing cold.
- 1 Cup canned Chickpea
- 1 medium size tomato finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of red Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cup yogurt
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the yogurt.
- Add the yogurt to a bowl, now gently spoon the salad on top of the yogurt.
- You can serve the salad in glasses too.