I have picked this Chocolate Cake recipe because, it is what my family ask me to bake often. It’s delicious and adding yogurt to it, made the texture moist with a hint of tang.
Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients, it comes together rather quickly.
If you love chocolate this cake will make your day. You can use any frosting or just have it plain. This cake is best served cold from the fridge.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- - 2 eggs
- - 2 teaspoon vanilla
- - 4 tablespoon butter
- - 1 cup water
- - 2 teaspoon baking powder
- - 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- - 1½ cup sugar
- - ¼ cup oil
- - 2 cup flour
- - 4 tablespoon yogurt
- - 5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- - Pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs for 3 minutes. Add sugar and beat some more.
- Add vanilla, butter, oil, yogurt, and water to the previous mixture and
- keep beating.
- In a separate bowl, mix/whisk the flour with baking powder, pinch of salt and
- chocolate powder. Add flour slowly to the previous mixture. Beat on low for
- Pour the cake batter in your greased and floured 8"x8" baking pan. Bake in
- preheated oven for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Take out the cake from pan wen warm to the touch, and place on cooling rack.