Homemade Lasagna Sheets – There is nothing better than homemade pasta, it’s fresh, you know exactly what’s in it, and it always tastes good. You don’t need a pasta machine to make lasagna sheets. A rolling pin, a sharp knife, and a clean working surface is all you need to shape your homemade lasagna sheets.
Like many, I was hesitant to make fresh pasta at home, the first time I made pasta I couldn’t believe how easy it is to make!
Making Homemade Lasagna Sheets.
Today I’m showing you how to make lasagna sheets without a pasta machine and using only flour since semolina is not always available in everyone’s kitchen.
Eggs and salt are what you are going to add to the flour, three ingredients for an amazing pasta.
Homemade Lasagna Sheets Are Easy to Make
You have to leave the homemade lasagna sheets to dry for half an hour and then boil it just like how you normally boil your pasta, except it will not need more than five minutes to cook.
Use it to make your favorite lasagna recipe, or you can wait till my next post (See the pic below.) where I’ll show you how to use these homemade lasagna sheets.
If you enjoyed this recipe consider using Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine, a one-time investment and you’ll have fun making different types and shapes of pasta.
Click the image below for the recipe!
If you love pasta, you’ll love these recipes:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt, and mix.
- Add the eggs and mix well, when the ingredients are combined start kneading.
- You will need to knead this dough for at least three minutes.
- Depending on the flour you are using, you may need to add more flour, in this case, add a tablespoon at a time. In cases, your dough is too dry, add one to two tablespoon of water. In both cases, the dough should hold together and not be sticky.
- After kneading the dough cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Now the dough will have a softer texture since it rested, and is ready to be rolled.
- Keep some extra flour on the side for dusting.
- Cut the dough in half, roll out one-half until thin. You should able to almost see your fingers through it.
- Now cut the rolled out dough into your desired sheet size or shape.
- This dough can be used to make other types of pasta, like spaghetti, tortellini, ravioli, …etc.
- Leave the sheets to dry for half an hour.
- In a pan boil enough water to cover the pasta sheets, season with salt, add the lasagna sheets in the boiling water, and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the lasagna sheets and now you can use them in making lasagna.
I have used these products:
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com