In my previous post, Homemade Lasagna Sheets, I have shown you how easy it is to make your own fresh lasagna sheets, no pasta machine is required too. In this post, I’m showing you how to use those lasagna sheets in making a simple Basic Beef Lasagna.
PLEASE! Don’t be alarmed. Yes the list of ingredients is long but, everything is mixed together in no time. I promise!
Making Basic Beef Lasagna.
Basic Beef Lasagna requires making one sauce on the stove top. It is the beef sauce (Which I’m sure that you’ll love.) The ricotta cheese layer is cooked in the oven, unlike when preparing the white béchamel sauce.
Like other recipes, you can make changes to this one too. Add more spices, or omit some, make it the way you and your family love. But I suggest that you first make the basic beef lasagna the way I explained below and later on change it to your liking.
IF YOU LOVE PASTA YOU’LL LOVE THESE:
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
Basic Beef Lasagna RecipePrint Rate
- 8 Pre-boiled pasta sheets to fit 9x9” pan
- *** Tomato and beef sauce:
- 400 gm ground beef
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- *** Ricotta Layer:
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- *** Mozzarella layer:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- In a hot pan, add the ground beef and cook until water from the beef dries. Add the onion and garlic, stir until onion is translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the beef and cook on medium low until the beef is completely cooked. If the sauce looked dry add water, let it come to a boil, turn off heat, and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ricotta layer ingredients and whisk well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Grease a 9x9” baking pan and spread around 1/3 cup of beef sauce in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Add lasagna sheets to cover the bottom, spread a layer of ricotta mixture, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese, and top it with some of the beef sauce. Repeat this step, let the last layer be the lasagna sheets.
- Spread Marinara sauce on the lasagna sheets, and sprinkle more mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.