I know that I don’t have many vegetarian dishes on my blog, and this actually reflects who I am, I am a person with a huge sweet tooth and great love for meat.
However, today I’ve decided to do something green, not particularly in color but a healthy and easy to cook dish. When I think vegetarian my brain automatically head toward Indian cuisine. There are endless numbers of Indian vegetarian dishes that are delicious and cooked in no time.
Palak Paneer (Spinach with cottage cheese) is delicate, healthy, and the creaminess of the cheese makes it out of this world.
- 2 1/2 cups spinach (I used frozen)
- 2 cups cubed paneer
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- In a blender add the spinach and 1/2 cup water and blend until very smooth. Keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil and fry paneer until light golden in color. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add the cumin seeds and onion, stir until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and rest of spices. Stir for two minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the spinach on the spices and onion mixture, stir until it comes to a boil.
- The mixture should look creamy, but if thick add little bit of hot water.
- Add the yogurt and stir, now add the cream and gently stir it in.
- Add the paneer and stir for 1 minutes very gently.
- Serve with Indian bread.