This Butter Naan post complements my previously published post, Arabian Lamb Stew. I have actually made both dishes the same day. This butter naan is without yeast or eggs, it tasted delicious and super soft.
Nothing can beat a freshly made bread but in case you are not fond of yeast smell, or for some reason can’t eat eggs, then this recipe is for you.
Restaurant style Butter Naan Bread, tastes delicious, very easy to make, and is a lighter version. You will use the stove top and the broiler to make this Butter Naan.
Making Butter Naan Bread Without Yeast.
Follow me on Pinterest for more recipes and great pins!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ cup warm water you may need less.
- ***Butter Garlic rub:
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- ***Making the butter garlic rub:
- Mix all ingredients together and keep aside.
- ***Making the naan:
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except water. Mix well with your hand or using a stand mixer.
- Gradually add the warm water and knead until you get a soft but not a sticky dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes. Cover and keep aside for two hours.
- Form four equal size balls from the dough. Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Dust the working surface with flour and roll the first ball into an oval shape.
- Do not roll it thin, a little less than ¼ inch in thickness.
- Wet the surface of the rolled dough with water, place the wet side on a hot pan.
- When the bubbles appear and the surface no longer looks raw, remove the naan and place it on a baking pan.
- Place the pan under the broiler, when the naan has brown patches, it’s ready, so take it out and rub with butter garlic mixture. Cover to keep the naan soft.