I’ve noticed that most people have the same breakfast with little variation, and that’s alright. I have just improved my breakfast by making Potato Green Onion Omelet.
Having vegetables in the morning is a good idea, it adds vitamins to your system, and make you more familiar with your veggies.
In this omelet, I have used potatoes but you can go for mushrooms, spinach, or tomatoes. My suggestion is, shallow fry the vegetables first, to help it release water and then add the eggs, or the omelet will taste a little funny.
Making Potato Green Onion Omelet.
Don’t just stop at the vegetable variety, you can also add spices to your omelet, I have tried cumin, garlic powder, and the outcome was great. Just keep the amount of the spice to a pinch and not more.
Making potato green onion omelet is easy and rewarding and if you happened to make some, let me know on Instagram how you liked it!
This is the recipe!
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon milk
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoon green onion chopped
- ½ cup shredded potato washed and rinsed
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- In a hot pan, add olive oil and butter. Add the shredded potato and cook until translucent.
- Add the green onion and cook on medium heat for two minutes.
- Add all the spices and cook for one more minute.
- Beat the eggs and milk then pour on top of the potato. Keep the flame on medium low.
- When the omelet is cooked from the bottom, flip and cook for one minute.
- Add the cheese to one-half of the omelet. Fold one-half of the omelet on the other half to cover the cheese.
- Serve hot with toast.