What I like about this Lamb Coconut Curry is the flavor of coconut milk and its creamy texture. It might be too spicy for some, but you can easily adjust that.
This recipe requires you to cut the lamb in cubes, however I think adding a bone or two will add more flavor to this curry.
You can serve this curry with white rice or Indian bread – Paratha.
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 lbs lamb cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chili – seeds removed
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 table spoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a blender, combine garlic, green chili, and ginger. Blend to make a paste.
- Fry the onion in ghee until light brown.
- Add the ginger chili paste to onion and stir for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add the lamb and rest of spices, stir for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the coconut milk over the lamb, add enough water to cover the lamb completely.
- Let it simmer for one hour, adding more hot water if required.
- When the lamb is done add the vinegar and cook for 20 minutes.
- You should have thick gravy and you're done.