I love making these soft fluffy hot dog rolls for picnics! There is no mess, all you should do is pick a roll and use your favorite topping like ketchup or mustard, in fact, these rolls taste so good with almost any dip. The rolls are so soft and light.
I didn’t use eggs when making these rolls and that makes its shelf life longer, however, since hot dogs are used, it’s better to store the rolls in the refrigerator. Something else to consider is the type of hot dog, some are very salty, in case you want to use salty hot dogs, add a little more sugar in the dough.
Soft Fluffy Hot Dog Rolls.
The soft fluffy hot dog rolls dough is very forgiving and easy to work with, almost perfection. You will not need to add more flour or even use a rolling pin, everything is done by hand and is so quick.
This dough can be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator. To make the hot dog rolls using a refrigerated dough, take the dough out of the refrigerator and place it on a kitchen counter covered for one hour.
Knead the dough for one minute and then use it. Let it rise again for 20 to 40 minutes after wrapping it over the hot dog.
Do not over bake, or your rolls will be dry. I hope that you enjoy these soft fluffy hot dog rolls as much as I and my family did!
Let’s make them some Hot Dog Rolls!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour. shake the measuring cup when adding flour.
- ¾ teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ** 5 precooked hot dogs.
- Mix the water, sugar, and yeast and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients including the yeast mixture (don’t add the hot dogs). Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Place dough in lightly greased bowl, cover, and let it rise for 1 ½ hours to 2 hours.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute. Make 5 equal size balls.
- Place a parchment paper over baking sheet.
- Roll each ball into a log two times longer than the hot dog used. Wrap the log around the hot dog and place the end of the log under the hot dog and place on baking sheet. Cover and let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Bake for 13 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven.
- After it’s baked, brush with butter. Serve hot.
Follow me on Pinterest!