Garlic mushroom chicken breast is a delicious low carb quick meal, best served with pasta or mashed potato. The chicken breasts are perfectly seasoned and seared to lock in all the juices. With little time you can make a great dinner served with a green salad on the side as a healthy option. Watch the video in the recipe card below!
Tender Chicken Breast
Using sliced chunks of chicken breast in this recipe speeds up the cooking process, all the chicken breast slices are seared at the same time, and when later added to the sauce it continues to cook without getting dry.
You can use chicken thighs instead, but if you followed the recipe’s instructions below you won’t need to worry about overcooking the chicken breast!
How to make Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Skinless, boneless chicken breast cut in medium size chunks. We will use olive oil and butter because the combination gives this dish an outstanding flavor. The spices are simple, onion powder, black pepper, oregano, and paprika.
I have used button mushrooms but feel free to use the type you like. The first step after melting the butter and heating it up with olive oil is searing the seasoned chicken breast, so keep the flame high and when the chicken is golden remove it from the pan.
Add more butter sauté the mushrooms and then add the garlic and the stock. Add the chicken to the sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
How to serve Mushroom Chicken breast
You can serve this garlic mushroom chicken with pasta. I prefer spaghetti. If you would like to serve it with mashed potato, then don’t add much liquid or any to the mashed potato because the sauce is thin, and it will make the mashed potato creamy.
Short grain rice tastes better with the mushroom chicken sauce; it is starchy and will hold the sauce.
More chicken recipes:
Garlic Mushroom Chicken Breast
- 250 gm / 9 oz skinless chicken breast cut in chunks
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Another tablespoon butter to add later
- 2 cup button mushroom sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock (use reduced salt stock if possible). Look at the notes below
- 3 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Season the chicken with all the spices, mix well and keep aside.
- In a hot pan add the olive oil and one tablespoon butter when the butter melts add the seasoned chicken and fry until light golden from both sides. Remove and keep aside.
- Add one tablespoon of butter in the pan and then add the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are brown pour in the chicken stock. When it comes to a boil, add the chicken breast.
- Add the minced garlic and stir in the sauce for a minute on medium heat. Add the chopped parsley and cook for another minute.
- Serve the garlic mushroom chicken over pasta or mashed potato.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com