Risotto is a popular Italian dish, and today we are making the Chicken Risotto version. Making risotto is easy, and the ingredients are simple, Follow the tips that can turn this creamy chicken risotto to a masterpiece in the instruction below and don’t forget to watch the video!
What is Risotto?
Risotto comes from the word Riso, and it means rice. An Italian delight made of rice that’s cooked in a stock and it can be plain, or you can add vegetables, chicken, or even fish to it. In some versions of risotto, people use Parmesan cheese and wine.
I didn’t add wine to my risotto recipe, I’ve served my nonalcoholic version of risotto to those who had risotto cooked in wine, and they found no difference in taste. You can skip the wine and still enjoy a great tasting chicken risotto.
Chicken Risotto ingredients
Boneless and skinless chicken. I have used chicken thighs in this recipe, but you can use chicken breast instead. If you have decided on chicken breast, then add the rice before the chicken breast is completely cooked to avoid the chicken breast from getting dry.
Arborio rice. I go for Arborio rice because it is available, and risotto is mainly made with it. Arborio rice has a good amount of starch, which contributes to the creaminess of the risotto.
Chicken stock. My preference is chicken stock always, I don’t find a strong flavor in the vegetable stock, and the beef stock tastes better when added to dishes with red meat.
Seasoning. Since there is a lot of flavor coming from the chicken stock, I only used black pepper to season the chicken risotto.
Onion. In most risotto recipes shallot is used, but I don’t buy them, so I used what I had at home.
Fat. The combination of butter and olive oil brings out an amazing aroma to the chicken risotto, so please don’t just use one type of fat here (although you can) otherwise you will be missing on a lot.
Heavy cream made this dish rich and creamy, and I will never omit it.
Parmesan cheese. Never skip it, please!
Can I warm up risotto?
Of course, you can! Bring the risotto out of the refrigerator, allow it to come to room temperature, and then do one of the two methods below:
1 – Add a quarter cup of water or stock to the risotto. Place it on the stovetop and let it heat over medium-low, stirring occasionally. You can add a tablespoon of butter to enhance the flavor.
2– In a microwavable bowl, add the risotto and quarter cup water or broth, plus a tablespoon of butter, mix, and microwave for 2 minutes. Bring out the bowl, mix the risotto and microwave again for 30 seconds.
More chicken and rice recipes you will enjoy
Creamy Chicken Risotto Recipe
- 1 cup skinless boneless chicken cubes (I have used chicken thighs)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken stock read the notes below
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoon heavy cream
- In a large and deep pan, add the olive oil and butter, when the butter melts add the chopped onion and stir until translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until you see the light brown patches.
- Add the rice and stir for two to three minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add a ladle from the chicken stock to the rice and stir. When the stock evaporates, add another ladle and stir. Keep doing so until the rice becomes al dente.
- The cooking time for the rice might take from 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the black pepper, the parmesan cheese, and the cream. Stir the risotto for one minute.
- The risotto should be creamy and should be served immediately.
This page may contain affiliate
links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com