Roast chicken looks great on the dinner table, especially if you had guests over. Today’s roast chicken recipe is not only delicious and crowd-pleasing, but it looks gorgeous. Crispy from the outside, juicy and tender from the inside, perfectly roasted chicken prepared with minimum ingredients.
PIN TO MAKE LATER
This oven roasted chicken is a great leftover too. You can use the meat in a sandwich, create a gravy out of the sauce by thickening it using flour and butter. Puree the vegetables, add water and lentils, bring it to a boil and turn it into soup, but for now, let’s talk about this roast chicken.
How To Make Roast Chicken?
Well, the basic roast chicken can be dry and not so flavorful, but the roast chicken recipe I’m sharing today will save you time! The chicken is the protein, the vegetables are roasted in the same skillet and have absorbed all the flavor from the spices and chicken, besides the luscious sauce. In reality, to serve this roasted chicken, all you need is some bread on the side, or rice if you were in my house 😉
Put everything together in one skillet, let it roast in the oven, check on it maybe twice, and now you have plenty of time to spend doing other chores while making a great dinner!
How Long It Takes To Roast A Chicken?
Well, it depends on how big your chicken is and how hot is your oven. The chicken I used was 2 ½ lbs, and it took 80 minutes to cook. I sometimes feel that my oven gets hotter than to what I set it.
You can tell that the chicken is cooked if you make a small cut in the chicken thigh or breast when the juices run out clear, the chicken is done. If you have a meat thermometer, then stab the breast, and if it reads 165F, it should be ready.
After you have roasted the chicken, cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for at least 10 minutes, and then serve.
Let’s make a delicious roast chicken!
Roast Chicken A Delish Skillet Dinner
- 1 whole chicken with backbone removed
- 1 lemon cut in slices remove the seeds
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 3 large potatoes cut in medium size cubes keep the skin
- 1 medium carrot diced
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 425F/218C.
- In an iron skillet or a deep baking pan, add olive oil, the lemon, onion, garlic, potatoes, and carrot.
- Season with black pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables, season with black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Flip the chicken and season with black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning, and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Bring out of the oven and pour ¾ cup hot water to the corner of the skillet, do not pour the water over the chicken, that will prevent the skin from having a crispy texture.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for another 50 minutes. Make a small cut in the breast or the thigh and when the clear juices run your chicken is done roasting.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil for 30 minutes and then serve.
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Munatycooking.com