You probably want to ask me this “Muna! Where is the sauce??” Well, this Meatloaf needs no sauce to taste good, the ingredients used made this meatloaf tastes crazy and oh so juicy!
This recipe is the best I used so far and I wanted to keep it a secret but I believe you deserve to taste the best. I know, I know, I always claim that this recipe and that recipe tastes out of this world but you know what, I never shared a recipe with you unless it wowed a few.
Testing recipes can be rewarding and at times can be heartbreaking, but this time it is mind blowing. This meatloaf can be used as a burger too. Cut the meatloaf into thick slices, shallow fry it, or even grill it, and make it into a burger sandwich. You won’t believe how flavorful it is.
Making a Juicy Meatloaf.
If you don’t like using beef, try lamb meat. I never used ground chicken in this recipe but if you do let me know how it came out and keep in mind that chicken needs less time baking so do not over bake your loaf.
This meatloaf recipe comes together in no time, seriously! What takes time is waiting for this delight to cook, which can go from one hour to one hour and ten minutes. During the cooking time, you can get busy preparing the side dishes.
I didn’t cover the meatloaf with sauce, I really don’t think it needs it. I hope that you give my recipe a try and I am so happy to share a recipe with you that you and your family would enjoy! Share your thoughts with me, I am available on Instagram and Facebook almost all day.
Here is the recipe.
- 700gm Ground beef
- 2 slices of bread crumbled
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic minced
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boiled eggs for filling
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Place a parchment paper in a 9 x 5 x 3” pan.
- In a bowl, add the bread and milk and let it soak for one minute. Add all the ingredients except the beef and boiled eggs and mix well.
- Add the beef and mix gently until well combined.
- Place half the mixture in the baking pan, then place the boiled eggs, cover with the rest of mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes. The baking pan will be full of juices so slightly tilt the baking pan (I did this over the sink) and discard the extra fat and liquid.
- When the meatloaf is warm to the touch, remove from pan and serve.