These Slutty Brownies are a delicious treat made of a layer of chocolate chip cookies, then another layer of Oreo cookies, and then a fudgy, chocolatey, and chewy brownie layer for a divine combination!
This sinful dessert is an absolute crowd-pleaser. No, seriously, your family is going to love it! Plus, this recipe is made from scratch, so there is no box brownie mix here, and neither are we using any store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough, it is similar to my Chocolate Chip Cookies Filled Brownies Recipe.
🥘 INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
All-purpose flour: We use all-purpose flour to give structure to our brownie layer when it's baked and in our chocolate chip cookie dough.
Unsalted butter: For this recipe, we'll be sticking to unsalted butter to better control the flavor of our slutty brownies.
Eggs: Eggs add structure, help the brownies rise evenly, and act as a leavening agent.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips: This is the best type of chocolate chips I recommend using in this recipe.
Unsweetened cocoa powder: Make sure you use cocoa powder for baking, not hot chocolate mix; it will not work.
🔪 HOW TO MAKE
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
In a large bowl, beat the butter and the brown and white sugar until fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla to the previous mixture and beat until well combined.
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently mix until you get a smooth yet sticky dough.
Now add in the chocolate chips and fold the dough gently. Spread the dough evenly in a 9x9 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper or tin foil.
Place the Oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
FOR MAKING THE BROWNIE BATTER
Add sugars, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and butter in a saucepan. Melt the mixture on medium heat.
When the mixture is completely melted, remove it from heat, keep on stirring for 2 minutes to help it cool down.
Once the mixture is warm, add the vanilla and eggs, and whisk until well combined.
Add rest of the ingredients except the walnut and mix gently until combined. Now, add the walnuts and fold for a few seconds.
Pour the brownie batter over the Oreo cookies, and spread evenly. Bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs.
💭 COOKING TIPS
- Preheat the oven before preparing the brownie batter; most ovens require 20 minutes to reach the desired temperature.
- Do not cut the slutty brownies while hot or warm; it will break. Allow it to cool for an hour, then cut it.
- You can use Brownie mix instead of my recipe; if you follow the instructions on the box and do not overbake it, you will get a similar result.
- Do not use baking pans made of glass; glass heats up quickly, and the bottom layer of the cookie might turn out crunchy or even burn because the glass pan stays hot a long time after taking it out of the oven.
- If you are not fond of eggs in brownies, then you can use my Best Egg Free Brownies recipe. My egg-free brownie recipe is delicious, chocolaty, and chewy. You will not feel the difference and will not miss the eggs.
- If you have leftovers, make sure to freeze them. The slutty brownies freeze well.
- Use milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips in the cookie dough if you wish.
- Add your favorite nuts to the brownie batter or leave them out.
- Use an 8x8 inch baking pan for thicker bars.
📖 DELICIOUS VARIATIONS
- Instead of walnuts, add your favorite nuts to the brownie batter.
- Bake for a shorter time to have a gooey brownie.
- Use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate in the cookie dough.
- Add your favorite cookies instead of oreo cookies.
💬 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Slutty brownies are cookie bars! They consist of three layers: chocolate chip cookies, Oreo cookies, and brownies.
Itused to be named the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar by food bloggers Kevin and Amanda.
Later, another blogger (The Londoner) remade the same recipe but named it Slutty Brownies.
Make equal-sized balls from the chocolate chip cookie dough and place them in the cupcake liner; press it down a little.
Place the Oreo cookie on top of the cookie dough.
Pour the brownie batter on top, do not fill the cupcake liner with brownie batter. It will bake for nearly 13 minutes.
Avoid using pans made of glass or ceramic. They get hot quickly and maintain the heat after taking them out of the oven.
Insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out with a few crumbs, pull the slutty brownie out of the oven.
🍲 MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
🌡️ STORING THE SLUTTY BROWNIES
You can place the slices in an airtight container and leave them in a cool place for two days.
Fridge: Refrigerate it for up to one week.
Freezer: You can freeze the slices by placing them in a freezer-friendly bag for up to two months.
To thaw the frozen cookie bars: Place them on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes. Some like to serve these bars with ice cream, so place the slutty brownies in the microwave until warm, and then enjoy it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Slutty Brownies Recipe
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup butter at room tempreature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup walnuts optional
Enough Oreo cookies to cover the chocolate chip cookie dough.
MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- Line a 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, it’s best to grease it.
- Use a hand mixer or even a whisk to beat the butter with both brown and white sugar until fluffy, creamy, and lighter in color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla to the previous mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the butter mixture. Beat slowly using a hand mixer or a whisk until just combined.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Do not over mix, or the cookie layer will come out tough.
- Spread the dough in an even layer in the bottom of a 10-inch baking pan.
- Place the Oreo cookies on the cookie dough, cover, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- In a saucepan, add both sugars, chocolate chips, and butter. Melt the mixture on medium heat. Keep mixing to prevent the chocolate chips from burning.
- Remove the pan from heat. When the melted mixture is warm, add the vanilla and eggs. Beat until combined.
- Add the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Add the walnuts and fold gently for few seconds.
- Pour the brownie batter over the Oreo cookies, make sure the brownie batter is spread evenly.
- Bake on the shelf above the middle for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out from the center of the slutty brownies with few crumbs.
- Wait until the slutty brownie cools, about an hour, and then cut in squares.
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
- If you must use a glass pan, line it with two to three layers of parchment paper to prevent the cookie dough from burning or over-baking.