On my blog, there are few posts on salads and soups and many for desserts, that should tell you something. I guess it’s time I change that. I am taking baby steps and that’s why I’m sharing a Lentil Potato Creamy Soup recipe with you today.
Making Lentil Potato Creamy Soup.
I make different types of soups in Ramadan, it’s the month when all Muslims fast. Breaking the fast with soup helps the stomach to regain its size since fasting for a long time makes it shrink.
This lentil potato creamy soup has a special place because it's creamy, can fill you up nicely, and it tastes really good.
The other reason why I like to make this soup is time. Preparing and cooking this soup hardly takes time, but the outcome is great flavor. In this recipe, I used chicken stock, but you can use beef or even vegetable stock.
You can make this lentil potato creamy soup richer by adding sour cream before serving. Do not add sour cream or cream and boil the soup again, it will not taste that good and the texture won’t be as creamy.
Follow me on Instagram, and if you happen to make any of my recipes, please post the picture and mention me in your post, or use this hashtag #munatycooking. I would love to see your creation.
As for my recipe, here you go!
Lentil Potato Creamy Soup
- ¼ cup red lentils wash, rinse and soak for 15 minutes before using.
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon allspice powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- In a pan, add butter and olive oil, when hot add the potatoes and onion, sauté until the potatoes are half cooked and the onion is translucent.
- Add rest of the ingredients and let it come to a boil. Let the soup cook until the potatoes are cooked.
- When the soup cools, add it to the blender and blend until smooth in texture.
- Serve this soup hot.
- Drizzles of olive oil and a dollop of sour cream. (optional)