Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup with Spinach – I don’t know about you but when winter starts I crave soups every day, so I get creative and come up with different versions, but today I’m giving you a winner.
Done in less than 30 minutes, easy to make, healthy, delicious, and creamy in texture!
I have to admit that I wanted to use cream or half and a half in this recipe and I know it would’ve tasted awesome, but I used milk instead.
I was amazed of how creamy and rich this homemade chicken and mushroom tasted. You will not miss the cream if you make this recipe and I promise you that.
How to Make Easy Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
To make this soup healthier and tastier, I added spinach. It did enhance the flavor and if your kid is not fond of spinach, he will enjoy this soup. It is a complete meal if served with bread rolls.
To a saucepan, I have added butter and olive oil, fried the chicken for 4 minutes, then added the onion and garlic, cooked until the onion was translucent. I then added the mushroom and cooked until the chicken was light golden in color.
I’ve sprinkled some flour on the mushroom and chicken mixture and after two minutes of stirring, I add the chicken stock and spices. Left the mixture to simmer for few minutes, then finally added the milk.
After adding the milk, you should NOT let the soup come to a boil or the milk will break and curdle.
Creamy chicken mushroom soup is so easy to make and can easily substitute a meal. I am thinking of adding rice to it in my next attempt at making a different variation of this chicken mushroom soup.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup with Spinach
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into bite size
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup chopped spinach
- 7 mushrooms cut in quarter
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups water or chicken broth OR 1 cube chicken bouillon dissolved in three cups if chicken stock not available.
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a saucepan, add butter and olive oil. When the butter melts add the chicken and cook for four minutes on medium high.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, cook, until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms and spinach and stir until light brown patches appear on the chicken.
- Sprinkle the flour and stir for two minutes. Add the chicken stock and the spices, keep stirring the mixture to avoid creating lumps.
- Let the soup simmer for 5 minutes. Add the milk and stir for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Very easy and VERY delicious!